The Basque Coast Of Biscay Tour From San Sebastian
OverviewA private and unique guided tour through the whole Coast of Biscayvisiting the most beautiful coastal villages of the Province of Biscay. The 9 hour tour includes a local tour guide and accommodation pick-up and drop-off.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Departing from San Sebastian, we will begin our tour headed towards the town of Gernika, the cradle of Basque identity. Best known outside of the Basque region as the place where one of the first aerial bombings by Nazi Germany took place in 1937, it was the inspiration for Pablo Picassos painting titled Guernica. Here we will visit the General Assemblies of Biscay to discover the Tree of Gernika (Gernikako Arbola in Basque), an oak tree that symbolizes the culture and history of the Basque peoples.
After a short stroll through the village, we will drivethrough the natural Biosphere Reserve of Urdaibai and head towards Mundaka, a small coastal town famous for its surfing scene.
We will then head westward on the coast to the bordering town of Bermeo, a stunning fishing village and the most important fishing port in all of Basque Country. InBermeo, we will bask in the fishing traditions of the town and head to the island ofGaztelugatxe to hike the 241 steps to the spectacular hermitage ofSan Juan de Gaztelugatxe.
Inclusions for The Basque Coast Of Biscay Tour From San Sebastian
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Private tour
Exclusions for The Basque Coast Of Biscay Tour From San Sebastian
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Sebastian pintxo and wine tour
- San Sebastian Cultural visit & Mount Igueldo
- San Sebastian Hiking, St Jacobs Way
- Full-Day Basque Coast Hop-On Hop-Off Bus From San Sebastian
- Flamenco Class in San Sebastian
- Royals, Stars, and Surfers San Sebastian Walking City Tour with a Local Guide
- Pintxos Tour
- Getaria Tour by Land and Sea from San Sebastian