OverviewOn this 2.50-hour tour, you will get to know about the Catalan bourgeoisie while walking through Passeig de Grcia and la Rambla de Catalunya, and also savor local products that will give you an idea of the Catalan gastronomy. Those two main streets were the showcase of the bourgeoisie in town, the wealthiest families of the XIX and XX century resided in large houses that have become emblems of the two avenues, mainly because those were built by great architects such as Gaudi, Puig i Cadafalch or Domnch i Montaner. Also, during the tour you will be taken to emblematic stores, art galleries, cafes, theaters, cinemas and museums. Join us on a walk through the heart of the social life of the city. The Casa Ametller, Casa Batll, La Pedrera, Palau Robert and the Tpies Foundation are only a small part of what you will see.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Led by an art historian
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Discover the Catalan bourgeoisie through the Passeig de Gracia andSagrada Familia.
Experience the architecture of such masters as Gaud, Puig i Cadafalch and Domnch i Montaner. Feel the vibe of Barcelonas streets, through its art galleries, theatres, cinemas and museums. This tour is for those that love the culture, and the food! Delicious local fare is savoured en- route, as we wind through the emblematic avenues that cut through the capital. The Casa Mil and Casa Batll on the Passeig de Gracia, a few of Gauds masterpieces, will be main features of the tour, then where well taste some of the finest chocolate in Barcelona in a local chocolaterie nestled in a modernist house. But this is only a small part of what well experience.
Your guide will begin at el 4 gats, a famous restaurant inaugurated in 1897. Picasso was a regular, as well as Gaud. Vibrant and educational, well go on to meet the architect Antoni Gaud i Cornet through his astonishing building El Nacional, a modernist restaurant reminiscent of a train station, where well stop for a small bite to eat. Then, onto the Casa Calvet, again designed by Antonio Gaud. Then therell be more eating at smaller, off-the beaten track gastronomic bars. If youre looking for a comprehensive tour of the best in modernism and fine flavours, youve found it.
Well experience the hustle and bustle of everyday Catalan life. Well have tradition. Well have fun. Well rub shoulders with the citizens, and explore the secrets of Barcelonas streets. And by taking advantage of a small group tour, youll benefit from the intimacy than comes with it, with a guide thats second to none. Up close and personal, if youre looking to see things as they are, with a good taste of the worlds best gastronomy, history, and maybe a touch of shopping if you fancy it, this is the tour for you.
- Els 4 Gats
- Casa Calvet
- El nacional
- Casa Battl
- Chocolateria Amattler
- Casa Mil
- Sagrada Familia (taxi included)
Inclusions for The Bourgeoisie And Gastro Walking Tour In Barcelona
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Modernism and Gaudì tour
- Casa Battlò, Casa Milà, Sagrada Familia, and more
- Small-group tour
- 2 stop at local gastro shops to taste local products
- Snacks and drinks
- Possible to upgrade the inside visit of Sagrada Familia
Exclusions for The Bourgeoisie And Gastro Walking Tour In Barcelona
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.