Join this 2.5-hour tour where your guide will use the British Museum to help tell the story of why the world is what it is today. Discover divine antiquities like the Holy Thorn Reliquary as well as world renowned treasures such as the Lewis Chessmen. Examine the Rosetta Stone closely and learn why it is the key to unlocking Egyptian hieroglyphics. Immerse yourself within the Parthenon Sculptures and hear stories of ancient Greece.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the afternoon at the steps of the museum. The path you trace will take you from our origins in the wild to the first stirrings of human civilization and the wonders of the Enlightenment. See the Rosetta Stone, a double-headed Aztec serpent, the Lewis chessmen, a mechanical solar system, the Parthenon sculptures, a statue of Ramesses II and the Holy Thorn Reliquary. These are just some of the artifacts you will use to travel through time. Through them explore how the agricultural revolution transformed our world, why people have gods, kings, money and writing, the role of germs, war and empire, and how humans have learned to question everything.
At the end of the tour you will have seen many of the museum’s highlights and will understand a little better why the world around you is the way it is. The tour will take a short break in the middle, during which you can buy drinks and refreshments and get to know your tour guide and fellow adventurers.
Inclusions for The British Museum Tour - The Ideas That Made Our World
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for The British Museum Tour - The Ideas That Made Our World
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Warner Bros. Studio: The Making Of Harry Potter With Luxury Round-Trip Transport From London
- London In One Day Sightseeing Tour Including Tower Of London, Changing Of The Guard And London Eye Upgrade
- Led Zeppelin - Commemoration Day
- London Gets The Blues
- Bob Marley And London Caribbean Connections
- Rock Weekend London
- The Liar Liar Square Mile London Walking Tour
- Forgotten London Walking Tour
- Dance Of The Dead Tour
- The Secret London Walking Tour