The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum And Texas Ranger Museum - San Antonio
OverviewDelve into a truly unusual museum experience at the Buckhorn Saloon & Museum and Texas Ranger Museum. Located only two blocks from the Alamo, the Buckhorn exhibits an astounding collection of taxidermy animals, western-flavored Americana, impressive antler racks, and much more. In the same building, the Texas Ranger Museum features historic artifacts from the famed Texas law enforcement division and Ranger Town, a replica of San Antonio in the 1900s. You can even bring a purchased drink from the saloon into the museum.
- All entrance fees included
- Instant Confirmation
- Family friendly
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourSince its founding in 1881, the Buckhorn Saloon has grown from a bar decorated with antler racks into an impressive collection of taxidermy with more than 520 animal species represented, in addition to other spectacular exhibits.
Make your way to the site and browse the fascinating collections in the Hall of Horns, Hall of Feathers, and Hall of Fins. Among the treasures to behold: a Texas Longhorn with horns that measure more than 8 feet (2.5 meters) across; a record-breaking 1,056-pound (479-kilo) marlin that was caught in Peru; oddities such as an 8-legged lamb and a 2-headed calf; and other impressive horns that include a 78-point buck and a moose with a 5-foot, 7-inch (1.7-meter) rack. Prized specimens include rare and extinct creatures such as an Irish elk and a pair of passenger pigeons.
In the old days, the saloon's owners traded with cowboys, exchanging beer or whiskey for antlers and rattlesnake rattles. They then created chairs from the antlers, such as a 62-horn chair for Teddy Roosevelt, and art pieces from the rattles. See these pieces, then step into the past in the Hall of Texas History Wax Museum section. Dioramas that depict early Texas were originally featured at San Antonios Hemisphere World's Fair in 1968.
The Texas Ranger Museum is a more recent addition to the Buckhorns collection. It includes artifacts from two centuries of Texas law enforcement, including historic revolvers, sawed-off shotguns, photographs, badges and more. Ranger Town recreates San Antonio life in the early 1900s.
While visiting this fascinating attraction, you can stop into the saloon and cafe for lunch or a locally-brewed beer (each at own expense); you're welcome to bring your drink into the museum.
Inclusions for The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum And Texas Ranger Museum
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum And Texas Ranger Museum
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
On-site cafe daily from 11am to 3pm for lunch.
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer: San Antonio International Airport to Hotel
- San Antonio Scavenger Hunt Adventure
- Fredericksburg Hill Country Wine Tour
- Battle for Texas Interactive Adventure
- 48-Hour San Antonio Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Buckhorn Saloon and Museum of Art Admission
- San Antonio River Walk Cruise, Hop-On Hop-Off Tour and Tower of the Americas Package