The Chocolate Route And Comalcalco Archaelogical Site TourWrite a Review
OverviewVisit Tabasco's cacao farms and delight your senses. Enjoy an amazing journey with the delightful aroma of chocolate. Old ranches dating from colonial times are now home to cacao farms whose owners like nothing more than receiving visitors. You'll be able to see, smell and taste cacao in its various stages of production. At the farm Hacienda de La Luz in La Chontalpa, the cacao grain is home grown and made into handmade chocolates. Boasting some 50 hectares, the farm has at its entrance a beautiful garden where a large variety of tropical plants and fruit trees grow freely. You'll also see Comalcalco Archaelogical site which is the only Mayan city built with bricks of baked clay instead of stone.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourThe adventure starts early morning leaving from your hotel in Villahermosa with direction to Comalcalco Archaelogical Site (House of Frying Pans in Nahuatl). This is one of the most important ancient cities in Tabasco, and the only Mayan city built with bricks of baked clay instead of stone. This amazing archaeological site is made up of three complexes: the North Square, the Great Acropolis and the Acropolis of the East. Its impressive Site Museum houses around 300 pieces portraying the development of this ancient city. It is, thankfully, easily reached via Villahermosa, at just 50 kilometers from the city. Approximately 2 hours.
In Comalcalco you will visit Hacienda Jess Maras or Hacienda La Luz cacao farm. Here you will see and participate in the harvest, cleaning and drying of the cacao seeds; you will learn how the plants of Creole cacao are grafted and will take a workshop where you will learn the recipe for making traditional chocolate and other chocolate-based dishes. In the Hacienda there is a store where you will be able to choose from a wide selection of products all made from Creole Cacao and fruits grown in the Hacienda. for approximately 3 hours.
After your visit, relax on the trip back to your hotel.
Inclusions for The Chocolate Route And Comalcalco Archaelogical Site Tour
- Entrance fees
- Round-trip transportation,
- A visit to the archaeological zone of Comalcalco,
- A tour around a cocoa farm (Hacienda la Luz or Jesus Maria)
- Travel insurance.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for The Chocolate Route And Comalcalco Archaelogical Site Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Infant meals not included
Dress code is smart casual
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.