The D-Day Beaches Of Normandy Day Trip From Paris
OverviewTake an unforgettable day trip from Paris and visit the Beaches of Normandy where the outcome of WWII was changed for Europe! You’ll explore Omaha Beach, German Bunkers, the Operation Overlord Museum, Pointe du Hoc, as well as the American Cemetery where 10,000 white crosses stand in lines.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourYour day trip starts in Paris at a central location, where you'll meet your guide and board your comfortably equipped van for the drive out of the city, heading west to the French region of Normandy.
Throughout your tour, your guide helps you to appreciate the stories of bravery and courage that took place on the D-Day landing beaches of Normandy at the end of WWII. By the end of the day, you'll understand how important this battle was to the end of the war and have insight into some of the soldiers who fought and died to put an end to Hitlers plans for Europe and the world.
At the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, pay your respects to fallen soldiers, and hear stories from your guide about the heroes who fought on the D-Day beaches. Visit the Operation Overlord Museum to see its historical collection of items retracing the planning and events of the liberation of Europe, and then head to Omaha Beach, where U.S. and British soldiers landed on June 6, 1944.
Explore one of the many German bunkers that the Allied troops had to neutralize, and learn about the difficulties the soldiers faced in their battle with the Nazis. Then enjoy the lighter side of Normandy with a tasting of its famous apple cider.
During the day, your guide uses visual aids such as military maps, plans, and photos to help you understand the planning of D-Day, the effects the battle had on the liberation of France and the end of the war, personal stories, and historical battle facts about what the soldiers were told to do and what they encountered when they landed. Your day trip ends with return to Paris.
Inclusions for The D-Day Beaches Of Normandy Day Trip From Paris
- Small Group Tour of 8 people maximum
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for The D-Day Beaches Of Normandy Day Trip From Paris
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Small Group Tour 8 persons max
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 10 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Night Combo: Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower Tour and Seine River Cruise with Champagne
- Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
- Lido de Paris "Paris Merveilles" Late Night Show with Champagne
- Professional Photo Shoot Walking Tour in the Center of Paris
- Paris Museum Pass and Seine River Cruise Including Delivery to Your Hotel
- Invalides Army Museum and Cathedral Private Tour