No matter what you know already, this provocative surrealist painter will surprise you. The genius of Salvador Dalí was cultivated in L’Empordà and Costa Brava terrain, in the centre of which is his Figueres, his birthplace and home to the Dalí Theatre-Museum.
The Dalí Museum
The Dalí Theatre-Museum of Figueres offers a unique experience of being able to observe, live and enjoy the work and thought of one of the most extraordinary minds of the 20th century. It contains the broadest range of works spanning the artistic career of Salvador Dalí (1904-1989), from his earliest artistic experiences and his surrealist creations down to the works of the last years of his lifeSalvador Dalí decided, early in the 1960’s, to construct his museum inside the ruins of the old Municipal Theatre of Figueres which had been destroyed in the Civil War. Everything in it was conceived and designed by the artist in order to offer visitors a real experience of getting inside his captivating and unique world. Therefore, the Dalí Theatre-Museum has to be seen as a whole, as the great work of Salvador Dalí.
AVE High-speed train
- Pick up at your hotel by hybrid ecotaxi to Barcelona Sants train station
- Train from Barcelona to Figueres and the Dalí Museum
- Skip the line and guided visit in the Dalí Museum
- Free time at the Dalí Museum
- Train back to Barcelona and end of the tour in Barcelona Sants train station