Enjoy a 2- hour night stroll around medieval Barcelona learning about the darker side of the city's history. This is a fun and fascinating walking tour to discover the story of the Spanish Inquisition, methods of execution in Barcelona and some of the legends that surround the neighborhood of El Born. A must to explore this part of the city while learning about its darker secrets.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourThe tour starts around twilight so the starting time varies during the year, earlier in the winter (7pm) and later in the summer (9pm). Although some of Barcelona's legends might be included, please note that this is not a Ghost Tour but an historical walk focused on the more gruesome part of the city's past.
These are the themes you will explore during the walking tour:
- Methods of the Spanish Inquisition
- Medieval punishments in Barcelona
- Types of execution in the city
- Development of cemeteries
- Public executions in Barcelona
- Acts of Faith of the Inquisition
- Barcelona's dark legends
For quality purposes and extra interaction with the guide, the number of participants is limited to 15 per group so it is strongly recommended to book early.
Because of the content, this tour is not recommended for children younger than 14.
Inclusions for The Dark History Night Walking Tour In Barcelona
- Professional local guide
- Small-group walking tour
- Use of projector for images
Exclusions for The Dark History Night Walking Tour In Barcelona
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for children younger than 14
A maximum of 15 people per group
The tour is not cancelled due to weather conditions so please bring an umbrella if it rains
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.