Discovering Duomo And The City - Florence
OverviewVisit the Dome, the Campanile designed by Giotto and see the city of Florence.
Discover the Duomo Complex ( O.P.A. Museum, Cathedral , Crypt , Baptistery, Bell tower , Brunelleschi’s Cupola)
Guided walking tour of Florence
Guided tour of Duomo and Crypt
Know More about this tour
Despite 2000 years of tumultuous history and clashes between the richest and most powerful families. Florence eventually became known as the birth of the Renaissance. In order to better understand the history surrounding the city, we will begin the tour from our Office in Florence; we will pass in front of Palazzo Medici-Riccardi and the chapel of the Medici family to arrive at the religious center of the city where we can find the Duomo, the Bell Tower, and the Baptistery. Our professional guides will bring you inside the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore where you will discover gothic architecture that has been built over the remains of the Santa Reparata Church (where the present day Cript is located). You will discover the secrets and facts involving almost 170 years of constructing this amazing Cathedral and its magnificent Dome. We will then continue the walking tour with a visit to Piazza della Repubblica and to Piazza del Mercato Nuovo which hosts a major symbol of Florence: the Boar. After meeting the boar, we will visit Piazza della Signoria where we will see the following: Palazzo Vecchio (the old courthouse) copies of famous sculptures like the David, and the Loggia dei Lanzi (an open air museum filled with sculptures). From outside on the street, we will follow the Vasari Corridor (a secret passage built by Vasari) from the Uffizi Gallery to the Pitti Palace, the last residence of the Medici family in the city. As we follow the Vasari Corridor, we will cross over Ponte Vecchio, the Old Bridge famous for its jewelry vendors. With an extra charge you can enjoy a private tour inside the Baptistery and the Museum of the Cathedral Opera del Duomo.
Inclusions for Discovering Duomo And The City
Guided tour of the Duomo and the Crypt (Santa Reparata) with an expert guide.
Entrance ticket Duomo complex which includes: O.P.A. Museum, Cathedral , Crypt , Baptistery, Bell tower , Brunelleschi’s Cupola (In order to skip the line only for the Cupola , we need to book 3 days before)
Guided walking tour of Florence
- If you cancel between 0 days To 2 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Self-Drive Vintage Vespa Tour with Villa and Winery Tour
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm
- Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti Wine Tasting Tour from Florence
- Pizza and Gelato Cooking Class in the Chianti Countryside
- Private Tour: Perugia and Assisi Day Trip from Florence
- Vintage Fiat 500 Panoramic Tour of Florence from Pisa