The East Side: Immigration And Foods Of New York - New York City
OverviewExperience the East Village, The Lower East Side, Chinatown and Little Italy. This tour is dedicated to discovering some of the most diverse neighborhoods in Manhattan through the years of immigration patterns and the authentic ethnic foods that still today differentiate this part of town. The East Side was previously known as the Slums of New York with its infamous tenement buildings housing millions of immigrants arriving from Europe, Eastern Europe and later from Asia. Today, its still an area inhabited by people from all over the world including, Italy, Ireland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia and Ukraine and later from Bangladesh, China, the Dominican Republic, India, Japan, Korea and the Philippines.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Your private tour begins in the East Village around 14th street. We will walk our way down to what once was the Jewish Rialto, aka Yiddish Theater, and Klein Deutschland (also known as Little Germany), we will stop by St. Marks Place, "The Church of Rock and Roll" back in the 60's and 80's.
Walking, well reach the Lower East Side, famous areas for ethnic foods from all corners of the world and those who wants can indulge in some delicacies, from bialys to bagels and doughnuts, cupcakes, dumplings and of course the ever-popular New York Slice (aka pizza), etc.
We will also walk around Chinatown and Mott Street, and it will feel like walking down a street in Beijing, and then Little Italy where we can take in the last few remaining historic stores like Ferrara Bakery and Di Palos. We will finish the Tour by Petrosino Square where who wants can try the most popular cheesecake in NYC. A perfect tour to discover New Yorks different architectures and especially the tenement buildings which will help us understand how most immigrants lived in New York during the mid-19th to the mid-20th century.
Inclusions for The East Side: Immigration And Foods Of New York
- Professional licensed local guide (Private)
- Guide available in English and Italian
- Private Tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for The East Side: Immigration And Foods Of New York
- Entrance fees
- MTA Subway / Bus Card
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off *(if located outside Manhattan)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a Private Tour
Meeting time and place will be confirmed at time of booking.
This is an outdoor activity, please dress appropriately for the weather.
This is a walking tour, so for the majority, we will be on foot. You should expect moderate to high amount of walking involved at a medium pace.
This tour is not recommended to people with severe mobility issues, back problems or other medical conditions that preclude from walking and standing for a prolonged time.
This tour takes place rain or shine.
In the rare event of severe weather conditions, the operator may be forced to cancel the tour. If canceled due to extreme weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Sopranos Sites Tour
- Gossip Girl Sites Tour
- New York City Airport Luxury Departure Transfer
- Private Economy Arrival Transfer: New York Airports to Manhattan Hotels
- Private Economy Departure Transfer: Manhattan Hotels to New York Airports
- New York City Original Rock 'n' Roll Walking Tour
- Private New York City Transfer: Cruise Port to Airport
- Paint New York Icon and Exhibit