The Emperor’s Tombs Small Group Tour - Rome
OverviewStep back in time on this 3-hour tour exploring the life and times of three powerful, Roman emperors. Visit the Imperial Forum, once the center of the Roman Republic and empire. Go to the Pantheon and learn of its beginnings as a Roman temple. Continue on to the 13th century monument Ara Pacis, an altar to the goddess Pax. Your guide will enrich the experience by providing a wealth of information on the three powerful emperors of Rome behind each landmark.
- Small-group tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tourMeet your licensed guide at a designated location in the city center. Begin your tour with a short walk (1/4 mile/550m) to the Imperial Forum; once the center of the Roman Republic. Discover this smaller forum and learn of its importance as a center of commerce, politics, and religion during the Roman Empire. Walk in the footsteps of emperors Caesar and Hadrian, who are credited with the creation of this landmark. Learn about the distinctive architecture and the artistry of the Imperial Forum.
Head to the Pantheon, a short walk (1 mile/1.7km) from the Imperial Forum. Marvel at the stunning entrance of this monument with its massive interior. See the Temple of Hadrian; this temple was completed during the reign of its namesake. Reflect on the beauty of Largo Argentina, a sacred square with four temples and the Theater of Pompey. Your tour will take you to the Theater of Pompey; the site of Caesar's infamous assassination. Hear the story of that night and the 23-stab wounds that led to the emperor's death.
Continue your journey through history with a stroll (1/2 mile/850m) to the Ara Pacis, built in 13BC. Learn about the Mausoleum of Augustus, built in 28BCE. See the largest circular tomb where emperors such as Augustus, Tiberius, Nero and Nerva were laid to rest. Visit the Ara Pacis Museum, which houses the Altar of Peace that celebrated the reconciliation of the Mediterranean areas. See the mythological scenes that decorate the altar. Your tour concludes at the Ara Pacis Museum.
Inclusions for The Emperor’s Tombs Small Group Tour
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour(maximum of 13)
Exclusions for The Emperor’s Tombs Small Group Tour
- Entrance fees (cash only) for Ara Pacis Museum (15EURO per persons 18 years and older or 3EURO for those 6 to 7 years, collected by your guide)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Children under 5 years are free
All guests must have proper identification, including children
May be operated by a multilingual guide
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
All museums and monuments are interior visits except the Mausoleum of Augustus
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.