The Heart Of Ancient Rome And Ghetto Walking Tour
OverviewEnjoy a morning tour through two of the most iconic districts of Rome, Trastevere and the old Jewish ghetto.
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Free snacks included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourEnjoy a morning walking tour in a small group max 12 people, among two of the most iconic districts of Rome: Trastevere, whose name means on the other side of the river Tevere, and the old Jewish ghetto. The tour starts from Piazza Trilussa in Trastevere and continues with the visit of St. Mary Basilica, one of the few remaining Byzantine churches in the city. Passing through the narrow alleys of the area, you will arrive to the Tiberine island, Isola Tiberina, with its two important and well known hospitals and basilicas. Crossing the river you will see a huge complex called Portico dOttavia, located in the old Jewish ghetto. During the Imperial age, the old market was housed in the Jewish district.
Walking through the small streets of the ghetto, you will discover the beauty of the Turtle Fountain, built by Gianlorenzo Bernini, maximum exponent of the baroque period, and the S. Carlo ai Catinari church in the real heart of the district. The tour ends at Giordano Brunos square, the renown Campo dei Fiori, where today one of the most important and crowded modern open-air market is located.
Inclusions for The Heart Of Ancient Rome And Ghetto Walking Tour
- Pick-up and drop-off service at hotel (inside Aurelian Walls)
- Walking tour
- 3 hours with a professional guide
- Synagogue entrance fee
Exclusions for The Heart Of Ancient Rome And Ghetto Walking Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Rome Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour plus Frascati Wine Tasting Tour
- Rome Pizza Walking Tour
- Skip The Line- Vatican Museums with St Peter's, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group Upgrade
- Day Excursion from Rome: Assisi and Orvieto with a Theologist Private Tour