The Hobbit Barrel Run Rafting Tour On The Pelorus River - Picton
OverviewJoin our experienced, friendly guides on an eye-opening, exhilarating adventure, kayaking down the wild Pelorus river in the South Island. This area was used in the filming of the second Hobbit movie “The Desolation of Smaug”. Stand where Sir Peter Jackson and his film team made this great movie and paddle yourself along the Hobbit river in our very safe inflatable kayaks.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourYour trip starts in Havelock which is 50 minutes from Nelson, 25 minutes from Blenheim, where you will register and get fitted for your adventure ahead. After a short drive, reach the crystal-clear waters of the Pelorus, and begin your descent down one of New Zealand's mostbeautiful rivers, which was used in the filming of the movie The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
Onceyou reach the filming location, take a short walk to where it all happened, and learn what went on during nine days in December, 2011 while filming. Also learn about the history of the milling of the forest and mining of gold in the surrounding areas beforeheading back to Havelock.
Inclusions for The Hobbit Barrel Run Rafting Tour On The Pelorus River
- Professional guided tour with all safety equipment supplied
- Return transport from Havelock.
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for The Hobbit Barrel Run Rafting Tour On The Pelorus River
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
Not wheelchair accessible
Please allow 4hrs the exact duration will depend on the river conditions and group skills.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.