The Karst Plateau And The Great War In Friuli Venezia Giulia Wine Tour - Trieste
OverviewPlaces that played the essential part in the Great War give life to native grape varieties such as Terrano, Vitovska and Malvasia Istriana. A unique opportunity to visit the Castello di Rubbia (the Castle of Rubbia), its winery and underground firing embrasures dug in the red soil characteristic of the Karst, rich in iron and limestone.
Know More about this tour
Meeting with the tour escort at 10:00 am, or time and place in Udine to be agreed in case of an all-day excursion (departure from other locations is possible upon request with an extra charge). With a private car you will reach Castello di Rubbia located in San Michele del Carso which offers wine tourism, reclaiming the ancient winemaking tradition that began in the sixteenth century. Visit of its cellar dug in the rocks with the explanation of the indigenous grapes that grows and absorbs the flavor of the peculiar characteristics of karst terrain. The tasting offers 5 glasses. Lunch at historical Lokanda Devetak, founded in 1870 and now run by its fifth generation, successful fusion of culinary traditions of Slovenia, Austria and Italy. In the afternoon you will visit the sites of the Great War at the open-air Museum of Mt. San Michele, which includes the Galleria Cannoniera della Terza Armata (Gun Tunnel of the Third Army), an underground complex consisting of tunnels dug by Italian multiple troops between 1916 and 1917. On the way back, we will make a stop at historic Villa de Puppi in Moimacco, designed in Palladian style. Visit of its cellar with explanations of the various stages of winemaking and of the aging process. The tasting offers 5 glasses. At around 18:00 arrival at the departure point.
Inclusions for The Karst Plateau And The Great War In Friuli Venezia Giulia Wine Tour
- the transport (incl. admission fees if any)
- a tour leader at your disposal
- insurance coverage
- 2 wine tastings
- lunch (incl. wine)
Exclusions for The Karst Plateau And The Great War In Friuli Venezia Giulia Wine Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.