OverviewSpend the day in Middle Earth on a group or private tour of the Hobbiton movie set from Auckland. See where scenes from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were shot, and the fairytale movie sets that dot the rustic farmland. Be driven in comfort through New Zealand's beautiful countryside on this private tour to Middle Earth!
Know More about this tourAfter being picked up from your Auckland hotel at the time of your choice, sit back and relax on the two-hour drive to the country town of Matamata, so closely linked to the Lord of the Rings movie set that it’s been renamed Hobbiton by the locals!
Pass through the small town of Matamata and photograph the Hobbiton sign before arriving at the Shire's Rest cafe, where your Hobbit movie set tour departs.
See where Peter Jackson brought Tolkien's vision to life on your tour, which lasts an hour and 45 minutes and begins with a drive through the sheep farm that hosts the movie set. See expansive views over to the Kaimai Ranges, and hear the story of how the location was selected, how the sets were made and which scenes were shot here.
Visit famous sites from the films, including the cute Hobbit holes cut into the ground at Bag End, the Green Dragon Inn, the Mill and the Party Tree.
Enjoy lunch before relaxing on the return trip to Auckland, following a different route back to see more of the beautiful countryside and be dropped at your city hotel.
Inclusions for The Lord Of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour From Auckland Including Private Transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private luxury vehicle
- Beverages hot and cold
- Entrance fees
- All taxes and park fees
Exclusions for The Lord Of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour From Auckland Including Private Transfer
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Outdoor clothing for the day’s weather conditions, walking shoes, sun hat, sunscreen, your camera
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.