The Magical Experience Of Erg Chebbi - Marrakesh
Overview3 day sahara desert tour from Marrakech to Erg Chebbi dunes at Merzouga is one of the best itineraries in Morocco, and as you can see, all travel agents offer it as their number one tour, to cut to the chase, the itinerary is the same everywhere, it is the quality of the service, the qualification of the drivers, the choice of accommodations and the long partnership with all contributing parties in this tour (guides, restaurants, hotels...) that makes a difference. We have been running this tour among others for a long time that our clients are always treated well and welcomed. The tour covers a huge part of Morocco and offers a variety of landscapes, attractions and lifestyles. The last however is a long drive from Merzouga back to Marrakech and therefore, we recommend to take the 4 days extended tour whenever it is possible (Especially if you are travelling with young kids )
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Dades Valley 346km
Your driver will pick you up at 08:00 am, and you will start 3 days desert tour from Marrakech to the Dades Gorges across the Tizi-n-Tichka Atlas pass, with far-reaching views across the mountains, to the traditional High Atlas Berber villages. Then you continue to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site and have lunch at one of the restaurants at the foothils of the Kasbahs, then we continue to Dades gorges through Skoura and rose valley, we will spend the night in a traditional kasbah in Dades gorges.
Day 2: Dades Gorges - Todra Gorge - Merzouga 271km
After breakfast, we will drive from Dades gorges to Erg chebbi Sahara desert at Merzouga. Berber villages are scattered along the way, well pass through Todra Gorges, Tenhir, Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud in which well feel the beginning of the Saharan oasis of Tafilalet, and then we continue to a Hotel in Merzouga, after relaxing a few minutes you will take some of you luggage in a small bag (just the necessary for the night in desert) and leave the other luggage in the hotel, then we will ride the camels on an adventure crossing the Erg Chebbi sand dunes, this is a great opportunity to take lovely pictures of the sunset and sunrise. When we reach the camp we will leave the camels and we will walk to the highest sand dunes for sandboarding and to watch the sunset, we will spend the night in a camp (Berber nomad tents) with drumming music in the middle of the Sahara.
Day 3: Merzouga Agdez - Marrakech 561km
We will wake you up early in the morning to watch the sunrise on the dunes, then we will ride the camels back to Merzouga, after breakfast and having a shower in the Hotel, we will start our journey backing to Marrakech trough different areas and different Berber villages (Alnif, Tazarine, Nkob) until Ouarzazate where we will take the same road back to Marrakech and arrive in the evening.
Inclusions for The Magical Experience Of Erg Chebbi
- 2 nights accommodation
Exclusions for The Magical Experience Of Erg Chebbi
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Desert Excursion 2 nights 3 days for 2 people to Merzouga erg chabi wit 2 nights accommodation
- 4-Day Authentic Desert Tour From Marrakesh
- 4-Day Desert Tour From Marrakesh
- A cultural mule riding day trip in the Atlas Mountains !
- 3 days private desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga Sahara camp and Chefchaouen
- 2-Hour Agafay Desert Quad Biking in Marrakech
- Ourika Valley
- Full-Day Trip from Marrakech to Ouzoud Waterfalls