The Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip From Paris
OverviewThe Mont Saint Michel is unique in the whole world! It is a mountainous island with a medieval village built up around it and crowned by a beautiful fortified Abbey dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Likely to Sell Out
- Skip the line
Know More about this tour
Go back in time and visit Mont Saint Michel. First settled by man in the year 709 this mountainous island has a charming medieval village and is crowned by a beautiful Abbey fortress that is dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel. The whole island is classified by UNESCO as a world heritage site and it hasnt changed much since the Middle Ages!
For centuries the Mont Saint-Michel has been the focus of pilgrims from all over the world. Travelling from near and far, they would sometimes walk for weeks to see this beautiful island and visit the Abbey at its peak. It was and remains a one of a kind site to visit in France and throughout the world. Luckily today we dont have to walk as much to enjoy it!
Join our small group tour and enjoy a comfortable ride from central Paris right to the island. As you walk through the medieval streets your guide will share stories and legends about this amazing one of a kind island town. Once inside the Abbey you will be able to explore at your own pace, with an audio-guide. Youll also enjoy free time to explore the village and eat lunch in one of the many great restaurants available.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- The Village: Built up at the foot of the monastery the original inhabitants chose this spot for its safety and in order to trade with pilgrims on their way to pray to Saint Michael.
- The Abbey: The construction started in the 700s and continued through the 1200s. Entrance tickets into the Abbey as well as an audio-guide are included in our tour price.
- Apple Cider Tasting: Normandy is known for its wonderful apple production and well make a special stop and let you taste some of the famous Cider, Pommeau and Calvados.
- Small group: You will be in a group with no more than 8 people and your guide! So individual attention and quality time with your guide can be guaranteed.
- Comfortable A/C Van: Youll ride in comfort a all of our minivans are brand new!
- Live Guide: Learn the legends and history of Mont Saint Michel from our professional guide who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Audio-guide: Inside of the Monastery youll be able to use an audio-guide so that you have greater freedom to wander and focus on the parts that interest you the most.
Inclusions for The Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip From Paris
- Small Group Tour
- Entrance fee to the Mont St Michel Abbey
- Cider tasting
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for The Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip From Paris
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Small Group Tour limited to 8 people
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 10 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Villages Bike Tour
- Paris Cooking Class: Desserts and Pastries
- Walking Tour with Breakfast : Legends of Old Paris
- Paris Evening Quest Game on Segway
- Winemaking Workshop in Paris
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 1-Hour Sightseeing River Cruise on Seine
- Bus'n'boat Paris Tour
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 3-Hour River Cruise the Seine River Including Dinner and Live Music