Go back in time and visit Mont Saint Michel. First settled by man in the year 709 this mountainous island has a charming medieval village and is crowned by a beautiful Abbey fortress that is dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel. The whole island is classified by UNESCO as a world heritage site and it hasnt changed much since the Middle Ages!
For centuries the Mont Saint-Michel has been the focus of pilgrims from all over the world. Travelling from near and far, they would sometimes walk for weeks to see this beautiful island and visit the Abbey at its peak. It was and remains a one of a kind site to visit in France and throughout the world. Luckily today we dont have to walk as much to enjoy it!
Join our small group tour and enjoy a comfortable ride from central Paris right to the island. As you walk through the medieval streets your guide will share stories and legends about this amazing one of a kind island town. Once inside the Abbey you will be able to explore at your own pace, with an audio-guide. Youll also enjoy free time to explore the village and eat lunch in one of the many great restaurants available.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- The Village: Built up at the foot of the monastery the original inhabitants chose this spot for its safety and in order to trade with pilgrims on their way to pray to Saint Michael.
- The Abbey: The construction started in the 700s and continued through the 1200s. Entrance tickets into the Abbey as well as an audio-guide are included in our tour price.
- Apple Cider Tasting: Normandy is known for its wonderful apple production and well make a special stop and let you taste some of the famous Cider, Pommeau and Calvados.
- Small group: You will be in a group with no more than 8 people and your guide! So individual attention and quality time with your guide can be guaranteed.
- Comfortable A/C Van: Youll ride in comfort a all of our minivans are brand new!
- Live Guide: Learn the legends and history of Mont Saint Michel from our professional guide who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
- Audio-guide: Inside of the Monastery youll be able to use an audio-guide so that you have greater freedom to wander and focus on the parts that interest you the most.