The Must See Walking Tour Of Rome In Small Group
OverviewThis 3 hour tour is perfect to witness the most famous attractions of Rome. Rome has so much to offer to you at every nook and cranny that you can only absorb the complete experience by walking through it. With this tour you can visit the famous Spanish steps, the Piazzas, the fountain and many other attractions.
- Expert blue-badged guide
- See the main attractions of the city
- Learn the secrets behind each monument, square, and piece of art
- Walk around the city as Romans do!
Know More about this tour
Rome is the perfect and most enchanting place to explore and discover. See the most famous sights of the city in one afternoon on this 3-hour walking tour!
Your itinerary begins at Campo dei Fiori, one of the most characteristic squares in Rome with its “open-air” market and the statue of Giordano Bruno in the center.
Next to Campo dei Fiori, you can admire the magical charm of Piazza Farnese, which takes its name from the imposing Palazzo Farnese facing the square. The building is now the site of the French Embassy. A few steps from Palazzo Farnese stands Palazzo Spada. The building is worth a stop thanks to the brilliance of forced perspective introduced by the famous architect Borromini. The arcade courtyard is an optical illusion, in which diminishing rows of columns and a rising floor create the illusion of a gallery 37 meters long (it is 8 meters).
Proceed then to Piazza Navona, one of the most famous squares in the world. Its original shape repeats with extreme faithfulness the perimeter of the ancient stadium of Domitian built in 89 A.D. for athletic competitions. The symbol of the square are the “Fountains of Four Rivers,” designed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini and competing with Borromini’s famed church S.Agnese in Agone.
Walk 10 minutes until you reach Piazza della Rotonda, housing the unmistakable structure of the Pantheon. The Pantheon, a building of ancient Rome, has been well preserved and is a true masterpiece of architecture. Once inside, your expert guide will give a short explanation explaining the history and the architectural secrets of the building.
Cross Via del Corso and in just 5 minutes you will arrive at the Trevi Fountain, a true masterpiece, and certainly the most famous and spectacular fountain in Rome.
The last stop of your itinerary will be Piazza di Spagna, the Spanish Steps. In the center of the square you will admire the Fontana della Barcaccia made by Pietro Bernini (father of the more famous Gian Lorenzo). This area is surely a paradise for the fashion conscious shopper and you will find the most important and famous names of the Italian style here.
After the tour ends, you can keep walking on your own along the nice shopping area of Via Condotti, or you can just have fun and relax in the numerous shops and cafes in the area.
Inclusions for The Must See Walking Tour Of Rome In Small Group
- English-speaking guide (or accordingly to the tour option seleceted)
- Hotel pick up (if tour option seleceted)
Exclusions for The Must See Walking Tour Of Rome In Small Group
- hotel drop off
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Family-Friendly Colosseum and Ancient Rome Tour
- Night in Rome on a Vespa
- Rome Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant