- Called Antipolis in the past still looks impressive with its Fort Carre massive fortifications overlooking the harbor and beautiful marina. Castle in the old town is today a home of Picasso Museum and large yard in front of it turns into provensal market with thousends of scents and colours every morning. No wonder why so many people seek escape in that town 3rd largest in the French Riviera today.
- Next stop is not to be missed: the village of artists, hidden in the hills Saint Paul de Vence. This medieval town standing within XIV century ramparts has been called the Royal city in past. Over 100 years ago it turned into real mekka of artists young painters, sculptors and modern designers. The trend started when Picasso, Chagall or Matisse as well as many others were coming here for inspiration youll easily find out why?. Its no different today many yet unknown artist find their home here and you would not believe your eyes seeing what combination it brings: middle-ages narrow streets with galleries, ateliers, shopping windows full of modern art. In case you are into this direction there is more: the worlds largest collection of contemporary arts also located in St Paul in honorable museum, the Maeght Foundation.
- Then after short ride by the center street of Nice Promenade des Anglais well continue to the Old Town, on the vibrant Massena Square, next to the statue of Apollo. From there youll enjoy walking around the heart of Old Nice. Must-see spots like Cours Saleya incredible flower market that turns out into Mediterranean food court in the evenings as well as the surroundings baroque streets next to the Opera building reflected in the paintings of Matisse still proudly holding the mood of Napoleon era. Then splendid instantiation of the Neoclassical heritage of Nice Palace of Justice and the square with the charming fountain and souvenir boutiques around it will have your full attention.
- From the Old Nice w you will continue by car to the historical district of Nice the Cimiez. Famous not only because monumental Winter Palace of the British Queen Victoria but also its nearby location of the ruins of ancient Roman city called Cemenelum archeological site telling you more of Nice from the times of beginning of our era with surrounding olive gardens.
- Our last stop would take place in front of St Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral - the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Western Europe, opened in 1912 and meant to serve the large Russian community that had settled in Nice by the end of the 19th century. Its Byzantium style and beautiful gardens around would tell you another story of the city and its connection to the times of the Tzars.
- On our way back to Cannes you will drive by the motorway
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 7 Hrs
Departure Time :
9 am – that’s what we would recommend.
Departure Details :
From Cannes or neighboring cities accommodation
Return Details :
At the end our guide would bring you back to the place you first met
OverviewYour guide will meet you at the agreed place in Cannes and thats when you land in our caring hands for 7 following hours.As this is a private tour, your schedule may vary as the whim takes you and the guide would be happy to respect all your preferences.You would see three different towns historical and naval Antibes, artistic St Paul de Vence and magnetic Nice.Well be leaving Cannes by the center street of Cannes Promenade des Croisette and continue to the Antibes the first city established in the Cote dAzur, back then by the Greeks played an important role as located between Marseille and Italy.
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Unforgettable night photos of the French Riviera and dinner in Monaco
- Family tour from Cannes Amusement Parks and attractions
- Places of medieval heritage and traditions cultural tour
- The wolf gorge and the stone nests of Provence
- Visit Provence and the capital of the world perfumery Grasse
- ALL FRENCH RIVIERA FOR ONE DAY SIGHTSEEING TOURS FROM CANNES
- The most luxurious places of the French Riviera sightseeing tours from Cannes