The Prado And Reina Sofia Museum Skip-the-Line Small Group Guided Combo Tour - Madrid
OverviewMaximize every moment in Madrid by combining two of its most iconic museums into one convenient tour. On this 5 to 5.5 hour semi-private tour, your expert guide will lead up to 8 guests to skip the lines at the Prado and Reina Sofia museums. These rich collections of both historical and modern European art are not to be missed.
Know More about this tour
Start at the Prado, Spains response to the Louvre. One of the most visited sites in the world, the Prado is essential for any trip to Madrid. Housed in an 18th century neoclassical building, the Prado Museum displays thousands of works from its vast collection, spanning the 1200s to the 1900s. Some of the stand-out pieces include Las Meninas (The Maids of Honor), an inventive self-portrait by Spanish-born Velázquez, and The Garden of Earthly Delights, a triptych from Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch. Youll wander its hall as your expert guided reveals the stories and secrets behind works by Goya, Fra Angelico, El Greco, Rembrandt, and others. Explore the largest collection of Italian masterpieces outside of Italy in addition to a fine selection of prints and sculptures.
Next, make your way to the Reina Sofia Museum, which houses an exquisite collection of Spanish modern and contemporary art. Part of a former hospital, the Reina Sofia became gallery space for 20th century art back in the 1990s. On this tour, your guide will introduce you to the different artistic movements showcased here, including abstractionism, cubism, surrealism, and modernism. Youll come face to face with works by the iconic Pablo Picasso, including his world-changing painting, Guernica. Youll browse works by Joan Miró, like The Man with a Pipe, and Salvador Dalis Face of the Great Masturbator, learning about the techniques and strategies they used to create their oftentimes quirky works of art. Youll discover all about the social and political movements that shaped these artists and their work, including the Spanish Civil War. Youll leave with a richer understanding of 20th century Spain, allowing you to wander confidently through one of the worlds largest contemporary art collections.
Inclusions for The Prado And Reina Sofia Museum Skip-the-Line Small Group Guided Combo Tour
- Semi-Private Museum Tour
- "Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Tour Includes All Entrance Fees
- Available Daily At 11Am
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Lunch Break)
Exclusions for The Prado And Reina Sofia Museum Skip-the-Line Small Group Guided Combo Tour
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Notes: The Prado and Reina Sofia Museum might be subjected to occasional closures or delayed opening or special event limiting access to our tour. When this occurs, we will provide guests with a reschedule option, or appropriate alternative. There is a link provided to verify beforehand the exceptional closing days online. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' access.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to Royal Palace of Madrid
- El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen Half-Day and Madrid Segway Tour
- Tapas and History of Old Madrid Evening Tour
- 7-Day Small Group Guided Tour: Granada, Cordoba, Seville and Toledo from Madrid
- Small-Group Pedraza and Segovia Tour from Madrid
- Private Tour El Escorial and The Valley of the Fallen from Madrid