The Real Yangon Day TourWrite a Review
Explore the real Yangon from the eyes of locals and listen some interesting history about this amazing city. Explore colonial buildings and notable pagodas on this full day walking tour, immerse yourself in this historical ancient capital with our professional English speaking guide.
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourOur driver will pick you up from your hotel located in city center around 9am and welcome you to the land of glittering Pagodas. Our journey starts at the Jetty by the Yangon River and depart to Botahtaung Pagoda, one of significant temple-type pagodas in Yangon which houses a sacred hair relic of the Buddha.
Next, enjoy the Art Gallery at Strand Hotel and take a stroll through the streets downtown and view the stately colonial buildings reminiscent of the British era. Your guide will bring you to photo stop at Sule Pagoda, city hall, high court and independence monument in Mahabandoola Park. Then enjoy your shopping at Bogyoke Aung San Market and transfer to Myanmar Food Restaurant for lunch (at your own expense).
After lunch, we will continue to Chauk Htet Kyi Reclining Buddha and walk around Kandawgyi Park. Your will get the opportunity to take some beautiful pictures of Karaweik Hall and Shwedagon Pagoda, enjoy scenic view from afar and visit the Grand Shwedagon Pagoda in the evening for the most picturesque experience before transfer you back to the hotel.
Inclusions for The Real Yangon Day Tour
- Bottled water
- Professional local guide
- Local taxes
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for The Real Yangon Day Tour
- Lunch, food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.