Part of a former hospital, the Reina Sofia became gallery space for 20th century art back in the 1990s. On this tour, your guide will introduce you to the different artistic movements showcased here, including abstractionism, cubism, surrealism, and modernism. Youll come face to face with works by the iconic Pablo Picasso, including his world-changing painting, Guernica. Youll browse works by Joan Mir, like The Man with a Pipe, and Salvador Dalis Face of the Great Masturbator, learning about the techniques and strategies they used to create their oftentimes quirky works of art. Youll discover all about the social and political movements that shaped these artists and their work, including the Spanish Civil War. Youll leave with a richer understanding of 20th century Spanish art, allowing you to wander confidently through one of the worlds largest contemporary art collections.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Meeting point: Meet your guide by the Spanish Flag at the main entrance, outside of the museum Reina Sofia. You’ll be standing between two glass towers (elevators) at the top of the stair outside.. read more
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewOne of Madrids most popular museums, the Reina Sofia Museum houses an exquisite collection of Spanish modern and contemporary art. On this 2 to 2.5 hour semi-private tour, with up to8 people, your guide will lead you to the most important works, revealing the fascinating stories behind each one. Youll skip the line so that you wont miss a minute while visiting Madrid.
Know More about this tour
- Semi-PrivatePrivateMuseum Tour
- "Semi-Private"Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Tour Includes All Entrance Fees
- Available Daily At 2Pm
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Tour pricedoes NOT include hotelpickup ordrop-off(we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour pricedoes NOT include gratuities(optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Notes: The Reina Sofia Museum might be subjected to occasional closures or delayed opening or special event limiting access to our tour. When this occurs, we will provide guests with a reschedule option, or appropriate alternative. There is a link provided to verify beforehand the exceptional closing days online. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' access.
You Might Also Like
- Entrance Ticket to Bernabeu Stadium Tour
- Avila and Salamanca Tour from Madrid
- Hot-Air Balloon Ride over Toledo or Segovia with Optional Transport from Madrid
- Flamenco Show at Corral de la Morera in Madrid
- Madrid Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Madrid Small-Group Walking Tour Including Skip-the-Line Royal Palace Guided Tour
- Viator VIP: Early Access to Museo del Prado with Optional Reina Sofia Museum
- Skip the Line: Prado Museum Tour in Madrid