The Roman Villa In Piazza Armerina And The Valley Of Temples In Agrigento
OverviewAgrigento is one of the most famous towns because of a UNESCO World Heritage site. On this tour, you will be exploring the famous Piazza Armerina where you will learn about the influence of Roman architecture in the form of a roman villa. Apart from which you will also visit the famous Valley of Temples.
Know More about this tour
The Villa del Casale, 3rd Century, near Piazza Armerina is probably the finest and most extensive display of mosaics in the Roman world. North African art influenced style, both in composition and the choice of colourful polychrome materials.
The mosaics include a long hunting scene, the famous sporting "bikini girls", and many classical and geometrical examples. The owners lived in luxury: the villa had its own private thermae, a reception hall, large restrooms and living rooms.
When it was called Akragas, Pindaro considered it to be "the most beautiful among mortal cities". Visit the extraordinary Valley of the Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a private tour guide. These are among the greatest Greek ruins in the world, and the splendor of the temples in the Doric style, built during the fifth and sixth centuries BC.
This tour is available also for groups.
Drive to PIAZZA ARMERINA to visit the ROMAN VILLA, which is among the most luxurious of its kind, giving an interesting insight into Roman life at the time. It is especially noteworthy for the richness and the excellent quality of the mosaics which decorate almost every room.
Time for lunch break in local restaurant.
To complete the day, we'll visit also the VALLEY of the TEMPLES in Agrigento. Here you'll see the Temple of Juno, with its excellent views of the entire valley, and the Temple of Concordia, beautifully preserved. The oldest ruin is traditionally named the Temple of Hercules.
Back at your hotel in the afternoon.
Inclusions for The Roman Villa In Piazza Armerina And The Valley Of Temples In Agrigento
- Transportation according to the itinerary
- Guided tour inside the Roman Villa
- Guided tour inside the Valley of Temples
Exclusions for The Roman Villa In Piazza Armerina And The Valley Of Temples In Agrigento
- Estimated Local Cash Needed:
20 EUR - Entrance fees per person
- Entrance fees
- Meals & Beverages
- Supplement for van or minibus if more than 4 travelers
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.