The Second World War In A Nutshell - NijmegenWrite a Review
Nijmegen, one of the places in Netherlands that suffered a lot during WWII- it was accidentally bombed by American planes. On this guided tour, you will be exploring facets of the city related to the infamous war and the Operation Market Garden. You will get an insight into the region’s tragic history. The tour ends with a visit to the National Liberation Museum.
- Visit 1st defense line at the city of Rhenen
- Sketch in the field on movements Operation Market Garden south-West of Nijmegen
- Visit National Liberation Museum
- Crossing the bridge of the Waal at the city of Nijmegen
- Crossing the John Frost bridge at Arnhem (a bridge to far)
- Hotel de Wereld in Wageningen: signing off the surrender treaty
Know More about this tour
In the night of May 10th 1940 the Germans invaded The Netherlands.
Todays tour will highlight the invasion as well as the liberation as a result of operation Market Garden. From this perspective the tour will take you to those places of interest that mark this dark period in our history. A visit to the "National Liberation Museum" is included.
Inclusions for The Second World War In A Nutshell
- Tour price includes guide services, transportation in a luxury car (Saab 9.3), coffee, lunch and entrance for the National Liberation Museum.
Exclusions for The Second World War In A Nutshell
- Depending on place of Pick-up the order in the itinerary may be changed to gain time and to avoid unnecessary milage.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 59 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 59 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.