OverviewBelow the streets of Paris lurks an entire secret history of the citys dead. On this 4.5-hour unique storytelling tour youll visit Pere Lachaise Cemetery and the Paris Catacombs to see the remains of millions of Parisians and learn about the fascinating ways in which this ancient city has dealt with its dead. Along the way youll reap the benefits of traveling on an organized tour, enjoying private transport between these two difficult-to-reach sites, skip the line entry at the Catacombs and special access to parts of the Catacombs usually closed to the public.
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
Your tour starts in early afternoon at a location near the Catacombs of Paris, where youll avoid hours of waiting by skipping the line to walk directly into this incredible attraction. The Catacombs are composed of miles of underground tunnels lined with the skulls and bones of some 6 million Parisians. In the company of a local expert guide, explore this unbelievable city of the dead where each room reveals ever more ornate and macabre bone decorations.
Along the way, hear the unbelievable story of how the Catacombs were built and the massive project that was undertaken to move bones from around the city to this point. Your special-access status means the guards will also open gates just for your group, letting you into areas like a secret chapel.
When you climb out of the Catacombs, youll be whisked across the city by private transport, avoiding a tricky journey by public transport or an expensive taxi, to Pre-Lachaise Cemetery. One of the most visited cemeteries in the world, it is packed with the graves of famous people who died in the city. Your guide will treat you to a full guided tour of Pre-Lachaise and let you pay your respects at some of the cemeterys most famous residents tombs, such as Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Chopin, and Delacroix.
Although visiting burial grounds may seem morbid, the Catacombs contain bones representing some 2,000 years of history in this remarkable city while Pre-Lachaise is the best place to learn about the citys artists and thinkers. They are fascinating monuments to the civic projects and personalities that created one of the worlds most marvelous cities.
Your tour ends at the Pre-Lachaise Cemetery exit.
Inclusions for The Secret History Of Paris: Special Access Catacombs And Père Lachaise
- Skip the line access to Paris Catacombs
- Access to special areas of Paris Catacombs
- Guided tour of Père Lachaise
- Transport between Paris Catacombs and Père Lachaise Cemetery
Exclusions for The Secret History Of Paris: Special Access Catacombs And Père Lachaise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Unfortunately, the catacombs are not wheelchair or stroller accessible
Please be advised that there are 130 steps to the Catacombs. Unfortunately, there is no elevator access. Those with heart problems, claustrophobia, or other medical conditions should take this into consideration before booking this tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.