The Secret History Of Paris: Special Access Catacombs Tour
OverviewBelow the streets of Paris lurks an entire secret history of the citys dead. On this unique storytelling tour, youll visit the Paris Catacombs to see the remains of millions of Parisians and learn about the fascinating ways in which this ancient city has dealt with its dead. As you explore these eerie tunnels you also enjoy special access to parts of the Catacombs usually closed to the public and facts and stories from an expert local guide.
- Skip the line
- Fully narrated tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Your tour starts by skipping the lines to walk directly into the catacombs. This vast, underground cemetery is composed of miles of underground tunnels lined with the skulls and bones of some 6 million Parisians. In the company of an expert guide and a small group of 20people or fewer,explore this unbelievable city of the dead where each room reveals ever more ornate and macabre bone decorations.
Along the way, hear the unbelievable story of how the catacombs were built and the massive project that was undertaken to move bones from around the city to this point. Your special-access status means the guards will also open gates just for your group, letting you into areas like a secret chapel ornately decorated with skulls and femurs.
Believe it or not, the Paris Catacombs are just as much a symbol of the city as Notre Dame or the Eiffel Tower. They contain bones representing some 2,000 years of history, and their construction was a unique civil engineering project that helped give rise to the modern city. If you want to see a different and completely surprising side of the City of Lights, this is the perfect place to start.
Inclusions for The Secret History Of Paris: Special Access Catacombs Tour
- Skip the line access to Paris Catacombs
- Access to special areas of Paris Catacombs
- Small groups of 20or fewer
Exclusions for The Secret History Of Paris: Special Access Catacombs Tour
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Unfortunately, the catacombs are not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
To ensure the safety of visitors, French authorities enforce security measures upon entry to the Catacombs. Only bags smaller than 55 cm x 35 cm x 20 cm will be accepted. Walks will is not responsible for entry denied due to large luggage. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and delay which may be caused by extra security checks.
Please be advised that there are 130 steps to the Catacombs. Unfortunately, there is no elevator access. Those with heart problems, claustrophobia, or other medical conditions should take this into consideration before booking this tour.
Tour in English only
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.