The Strong Museum Admission - RochesterWrite a Review
OverviewThe Strong Museum is the only collections-based museum in the world devoted solely to play! With 100,000 square feet of dynamic, interactive exhibit space, the museum provides educational, entertaining, and unforgettable family fun. Come see why The Strong has earned TripAdvisors highest rating and why its consistently included in the top 10 lists of best museums in the nation and in the world. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Editor's Pick
- Popular choice with kids
Know More about this tourWell known as the nation’s museum of play, 'the Strong' explores the ways in which play encourages learning, creativity, and discovery, and illuminates cultural history. Inside, discover the National Toy Hall of Fame, the World Video Game Hall of Fame, and the world's largest collection of toys, games, and dolls.
Stay for a few hours or an entire day. Check out the museum events, food court, shop, carousel, and the following permanent exhibits:
America at Play — Explore how play illuminates American cultural history through artifact cases and timelines. See rare objects on view only at 'the Strong.'
American Comic Book Heroes: The Battle of Good vs. Evil — Discover Superman, Iron Man, and others in an exhibit that explores the history of superhero comic books in America.
The Berenstain Bears: Down a Sunny Dirt Road — Enter the world of the Berenstain Bears, including Main Street, Farmer Ben’s Farm, and Brother and Sister Bear’s Club Houses.
Build, Drive, Go (Opens December 6) — Design a race track, build skyscrapers, work at a construction site, and more.
Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street? — Go hands-on with the activities seen on television.
Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden — Experience 800 free-flying North American and tropical butterflies. (USD $5 additional, 20-minutes)
eGameRevolution — Enter a video arcade with operating, historic video games. Play PC and console games, Giant Tetris, Pac-Man Battle Royale, and more.
Field of Play — Walk through a giant kaleidoscope, 'drive' a drag racer, climb a rock wall, and more.
Game Time! — Move like a piece on a giant game board through three centuries of American games, puzzles, and public amusements.
Monopoly: An American Icon — Discover the surprising story of one of America’s favorite games in this display of rare and historic versions of Monopoly.
Play Pals — Play house, heal a teddy bear, and save the world. Play Pals traces the evolution of dolls, action figures, toy soldiers, and plush animals through three centuries of American history.
Reading Adventureland — Follow the Yellow Brick Road into five literary landscapes: Adventure Island, Mystery Mansion, Fairy Tale Forest, the Upside-Down Nonsense House, and the Wizard’s Workshop.
Toy Halls of Fame — Go hands-on with the toys beloved by generations in this state-of-the-art exhibit featuring National Toy Hall of Fame and Toy Industry Hall of Fame inductees.
Wegmans Super Kids Market — Cruise the aisles, work the cash register, and role play at the kid-sized Market Cafe.
Inclusions for The Strong Museum Admission
- Ticket includes general admission
- Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden (if option selected)
- Limited, free parking is available in the museum lot on a first-come, first-served basis
- Weekend activities, unless otherwise noted in museum calendar, are included with general admission
Exclusions for The Strong Museum Admission
- Carousel and train rides, USD $1 per person
- Game tokens are 5 for USD $1. Many games are free of charge
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult
The Butterfly Garden is a 20-minute breathtaking experience. Reserve your timed entry upon arrival
On-site food court featuring pizza, subs, tacos, healthy vending, and ice cream shop. See menu for prices
On-site Skyliner Diner operated by Bill Gray's restaurant. See menu for prices
On-site museum shop
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.