OverviewJoin this tour to discover two of the most beautiful castles of Templar region whose military strategy was the most important during the Christian reconquest.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourOur first stop will be the Almourol Castle. It is believed that the castle was constructed on the site of a primitive Lusintan castro that was later conquered by the Romans during the 1st century B.C. The castle of Almourol is one of the more emblematic and cenographic medieval military monuments of the Reconquista, and best representation of the influence of the Knights Templar in Portugal.
The journey proceeds with a visit to the Castle of Tomar integrating the Convent of Christ and that is certainly one of the most beautiful historical legacy of the Middle Ages in Portugal.Originally a Templar stronghold built in the 12th century. After the Order of the Knights Templar was dissolved in the 14th century, the Portuguese branch of the order was turned into the Knights of the Order of Christ, which supported Portugal's maritime discoveries of the 15th century.
The Convent of Christ of Tomar is one of Portugal's most important historical and artistic monuments and has been in the World Heritage list of UNESCO since 1983. We will also visit several interesting spots of the city of Tomar.
Lunch at the Medieval Restaurant a Taverna, a restaurant where medieval times are recreated. After lunch our journey proceeds Castelo de Bode Dam towards the village of Constância, a nice village near the junction of the two rivers Tagus and Zêzere, a very special place for its beauty.
Inclusions for The Templar Castles Route
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for The Templar Castles Route
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.