The Tuscan Jewels In A Day ! Visit Siena, Monteriggioni, S. Gimignano And Pisa
OverviewAdmire the line of the History, through the territory of Chianti, in the cities that are the symbol of Tuscan art worldwide, seduced by the beauty and flavour of this land. On this tour, you will visit the town of Monteriggioni, S. Gimignano and Pisa in a single day exploring some hidden jewels as well as seeing some frequented attractions.
- See the best of Tuscany!
- One of the most famous tours.
- Explore hidden gems of Pisa.
- See some under rated areas that adorn Tuscany.
Know More about this tour
Be seduced by the eternal charm of the Tuscan art cities where the beauty of the monuments is linked with the rhythm of life that is still on a human scale and where every stone exudes centuries of history.
Through the typical Tuscan countryside hilly territory we reach Siena, splendid medieval city, universally known for its artistic treasures that has been recognized by the UNESCO as a "heritage of the humanity". Once in Siena, we will visit the famous Piazza del Campo, with its particular "shell" shape.
Here are the Palazzo Comunale (1298) flanked by the tall Torre del Mangia (1325) and where every year the famous "Palio" takes place. You may use your free time to visit the splendid Cathedral, one of the highest artistic expressions of the Middle Ages, and admire the splendid buildings and suggestive churches along the narrow lively streets. From Siena, we will take a panoramic road and admire the vineyards and olive groves in the heart of the Chianti territory on our way to the ancient fortified hamlet of Monteriggioni, a small jewel built during the thirteenth century and embraced by its still intact walls. Take a walk within the restricted perimeter of the surrounding walls with eleven towers and discover a beautiful corner of Tuscany suspended in the Middle Ages.
A short distance away, in a pleasant country estate surrounded by aromatic plants, you will be served a lunch of typical Chianti products and a guided tasting a selection of fine Chianti and Vernaccia wines, managed with passion and expertise by the friendly owner of the farm. After lunch we leave the farm and at a short distance away we find San gimignano, another beautiful town, UNESCO world heritage, famous for the still intact medieval town planning with the numerous and beautiful towers hence the name "Manhattan of the Middle Ages". This town is also known for the "Vernaccia" wine, produced here. A stroll in the town centre means discovering true jewels of art, among which Piazza della Cisterna, the Dome, Palazzo del Podestà and the Church of Sant' Agostino.
Another departure, this time to reach the famous town of Pisa, one of the most known worldwide, that is waiting for us with the sparkling sight of Piazza dei Miracoli, another UNESCO world heritage, where the peerless masterpieces in marble rise in the green lawn. The famous Leaning Tower, the magnificent Baptistery, the stunning Cathedral, and the Monumental Graveyard, maximum expressions of the Romanesque architecture of the twelfth and thirteenth centuries which house works of immense artistic value.
Inclusions for The Tuscan Jewels In A Day ! Visit Siena, Monteriggioni, S. Gimignano And Pisa
- Pick up and drop off at the Hotel in the city center.
- Transport in luxury Minivan.
- Qualified English speaking driver-guide.
- Lunch and guided wine-tasting of Chianti.
- Vernaccia and typical products like cheese, cold cuts, bruschetta and “ribollita”.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Panoramic Vespa Tour of Florence from Pisa
- Private Pisa Discovery Walking Tour with Options of Lunch or Dinner
- Full-Day Lucca and Pisa Tour from Montecatini
- Florence and Fiesole Tour from Pisa
- Small-Group Tuscany Grand Tour: Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti, Pisa, and Lucca
- Full-Day Trip to Florence and Pisa from Rome by High Speed Train Including Lunch