The Ultimate Tour Of Rome
OverviewA veritable romp through Roman history. Starting at the Circus Maximus we rape, murder and pillage our way through over 3000 years of history before finishing at the Arena of Death The Colosseum. A tour with all the bits your history teacher left out. Not for those of a sensitive disposition or the easily offended
Know More about this tourEvery Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday starting at 10.30am outside Bar Bistro Gusto Massimo (Via Del Circo Massimo #5).You will meet your very own Rogue Historian, all experts in their own field who will walk you through 3000 years of History. Perfect for those looking to get acquainted with the layout of the city and its history.
A 3 to 3.5hour walk through downtown Rome including the best of the cities ancient wonders.
We start at the Circus Maximus, once the biggest sports venue in the world, before heading on to the Boca della Verita (or the mouth of truth), made famous by Audry Hepburn and Gregory Peck in 'Roman Holiday' we will discover its true ancient purpose.
Then on to the Theatre of Marcellus and the Jewish Ghetto, a neighborhood packed with history, ancient and modern.
Largo Argentina then awaits us, today a cat sanctuary, it was once the spot of the Theatre of Pompey and the location of Julius Ceaser's assassination. Just a stone throw away is our favourite site in Rome, the Pantheon, after your guide has given you a full explanation you will be given free time to explore the site on your own (be sure to ask your guide about the best coffee house in Rome to load up on caffine before the second part of the tour).
After the break, we head to Palazzo Venezia (a Pope's palace turned in Mussolini's HQ in WWII) the Vitor Emmanuelle monument and most importantly the Forum and Colosseum. These sites are only visited from the outside but after a full description, our guides will let you know exactly how to skip the lines inside if you wish to continue on on your own.
Inclusions for The Ultimate Tour Of Rome
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Local taxes
Exclusions for The Ultimate Tour Of Rome
- Entrance fees (as we don't enter the Colosseum or Forum there are no paid sites)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome