The White House As A Home Walking Tour - Washington D. C.
OverviewThe White House As A Home Walk is an interactive walk and talk with an historical character (costumed interpreter) who actually lived in the White House. Who could be a more delightful and appropriate guide for this walk than Quentin Roosevelt, the youngest child of President Theodore Roosevelt and his wife, Edith. Quentin will give you his personal perspective about what it was really like calling the White House home. Remember, First Families are real people! Be prepared for a lively experience, especially if you are bringing children!!Please Note: This walk does not go into the White House or onto the White House grounds.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Ideal choice for families
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
In addition to serving the country as a museum and being the presidents office, the White House must serve as a home for the First Families. Since 1800 First Families have experienced their time in the White House very differently. Enter President Theodore Roosevelt, his wife Edith and six children ---- Alice, Ted, Kermit, Ethel, Archie and Quentin. Along with them came spirited spitballs hurled with perfect accuracy, a menagerie that would make a zookeepers head spin and a father who loved crazy antics with his children almost as much as they did!! The White House was, indeed, the Roosevelt Family's home!!
Quentin Roosevelt (a costumed character) will meet you and as you stroll the Presidents Neighborhood together, hell share memories of his family's days in the White House. If you dont already know about them, Quentin will tell you all about the White House Gang, his group of friends that considered the attic of the White House their headquarters.
This is our favorite walk for families. Quentin is not much more that a child himself. And he arrives with wonderful stories peppered with childish enthusiasm.
The walk does not go into the White House or onto the White House grounds. After the walk, you may stop by the White House Visitor Center for more information about the White House as a home.
Inclusions for The White House As A Home Walking Tour
Professional, costumed guide
Exclusions for The White House As A Home Walking Tour
Entrance to the White House and/or White House grounds
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.