- Well be leaving Nice by the center street of Cannes Croisette and continue to the village of artists, hidden in the hills Saint Paul de Vence. This medieval town standing within XIV century ramparts has been called the Royal city in past. Over 100 years ago it turned into real mekka of artists young painters, sculptors and modern designers. The trend started when Picasso, Chagall or Matisse as well as many others were coming here for inspiration youll easily find out why?. Its no different today many yet unknown artist find their home here and you would not believe your eyes seeing what combination it brings: middle-ages narrow streets with galleries, ateliers, shopping windows full of modern art. In case you are into this direction there is more: the worlds largest collection of contemporary arts also located in St Paul in honorable museum, the Maeght Foundation.
- Our journey continues towards Provance and next stop is 3000 years old village hidden among the hills Tourrettes sur Loup. On the top of a green valley Valley of Wolfs and just above the river Loup there is a sleepy but fairy town remembering old primitive tribes, Roman legions, French revolution and much more. It is called today a city of violets and there is a reason for that. Two different gates on both sides give the only entrance and exit to the place and you will experience all the different styles of architecture while walking around.
- Not away, you will experience a little adventure with chocolate and candies when visiting small manufacture of Florian that would reveal some secrets of candied fruits and flowers. On the way you will drive by breathtaking cascades and waterfalls surrounded by original rock structures and get the glimpse of mountain nature of Cote dAzur.
- 20 miutes later we will get to one of the most elevated towns in the region legendary Gourdon. City of cristals and unforgettable views: you may see as much as from Nice almost down to St Tropez from a platform located some 700 meters over the sea level. There is a XIII century castle with turrets cut half incredible example of what kings will can really accomplish. Charming old town with manufactures producing miracle looking like crystal items even Svarovski appreciates the quality of the crystals produces here.
- You will then be driving back to Cannes
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 7 Hrs
Departure Time :
9 am – that’s what we would recommend.
Departure Details :
From Cannes or neighboring cities accommodation
Return Details :
At the end our guide would bring you back to the place you first met
OverviewYour guide will meet you at the agreed place and take you for a ride to art and history. You would see some different eras in history and art: St Paul de Vence called village of artists, 3 milleniums old Tourettes and stunning Gourdon the village of crystals. It will all take 7 hours. It can start whether at 9 am or 10 am its up to you. As this is a private tour, well be happy to adopt it to your individual expectations.
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- To the places of Picasso Matisse Chagall Nietzsche best sightseeing tour
- Unforgettable night photos of the French Riviera and dinner in Monaco
- Family tour from Cannes Amusement Parks and attractions
- Places of medieval heritage and traditions cultural tour
- Visit Provence and the capital of the world perfumery Grasse
- ALL FRENCH RIVIERA FOR ONE DAY SIGHTSEEING TOURS FROM CANNES
- The most luxurious places of the French Riviera sightseeing tours from Cannes