THE WONDERS OF FLORENCE: ACCADEMIA GALLERY And WALKING TOUR
OverviewThe Galleria Dellaccademia or Accademia Gallery in Florence, Italy, is without a doubt most famous for its sculptures by the great Renaissance artist, Michelangelo. His Prisoners (or Slaves), his St. Matthew and, above all, the magnificent statue of David within the Tribune are what first draw most of the hundreds of thousands of visitors the museum welcomes every year.The main halls at the Accademia also offers visitors works by great Italian artists such as Sandro Botticelli, Domenico Ghirlandaio, Pontormo, Andrea del Sarto, to name just a few of the painters. Many of the works of art that were commissioned by and were part of the collection of the powerful Medici family were donated to the Grand Duchy of Tuscany by the last of the Medici so that these magnificent works could be enjoyed by everyone and are part of the cultural patrimony of humankind.
Know More about this tourToday you will enjoy a guided walking tour around the highlights of Florence including the wonderful Accademia Gallery.
The tour will start at our agency.
The Accademia Gallery is most famously home to Michaelangelos 'David' and will be a real highlight of your tour. The museum also contains Michaelangelos four unfinished 'Prigioni' (prisoners/slaves) that were initially intended for the tomb of Pope Julius II along with a number of other treasures including some excellent paintings by Botticelli. Your guide will take you through the collection explaining the history of Michelangelos masterpiece as well as numerous other highlights within the gallery.
This tour includes pre-booked entrance tickets to the Accademia Gallery that will allow you to bypass the wait with your guide,
Inclusions for THE WONDERS OF FLORENCE: ACCADEMIA GALLERY And WALKING TOUR
- Professional guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for THE WONDERS OF FLORENCE: ACCADEMIA GALLERY And WALKING TOUR
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence & Dante Game tour - Art Treasure Hunt - Family Tour
- COLOSSEUM TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN WITH HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- VATICAN MUSEUMS INCLUDING SISTINE CHAPEL FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN
- COLOSSEUM & VATICAN TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN & HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- FIRENZE WALKING TOUR AND CHIANTI TASTING WITH ACCADEMIA OR UFFIZI OPTION
- Duomo Express Guided Tour with No-Wait Access
- FAST-TRACK ON ARRIVAL: Personal Assistant & Porter at Florence SMN Station
- Florence Full Day Tour with David, Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio and More