THE WONDERS OF FLORENCE: UFFIZI GALLERY And WALKING TOUR
OverviewFew people know the huge building that houses the Uffizi Gallery today was not created to be a museum. Its construction was ordered in 1560 by Cosimo I de Medici, known as Cosimo the Great and first Grand Duke of Tuscany, to house the administrative and judiciary offices of Florence, the uffizi (which in Italian means offices). At the time when the grandiose building was being built, the Medici hegemony was secure over Florence.Cosimo called upon his favorite artist, Giorgio Vasari, to design the U-shaped building we can admire. The great architect also built the secret Corridor that joins the Uffizi to the Pitti Palace running above the Ponte Vecchio, by the church of Santa Felicita and the many buildings and towers on the way to the palace before ending at the Boboli Gardens. The Corridoio Vasariano was built to celebrate the marriage of Cosimos son,was built in just 5 months.
Know More about this tourThe Uffizi Gallery is one of the most famous museums in the world, and it is housed in the former uffizi or offices of the Medici Family. Your knowledgeable guide will explain the works of the greatest artists from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance: Cimabue, Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian, and many more.
You will recognize and see close-up original world-famous paintings that you have seen all your life in books, magazines, and on TV. Learn the secrets of the artists craft, techniques and tools. Looking at the most famous artworks of the period, you can understand why Florence is the birthplace of the Renaissance. Personalize your museum experience.
Inclusions for THE WONDERS OF FLORENCE: UFFIZI GALLERY And WALKING TOUR
- Professional guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for THE WONDERS OF FLORENCE: UFFIZI GALLERY And WALKING TOUR
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence & Dante Game tour - Art Treasure Hunt - Family Tour
- COLOSSEUM TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN WITH HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- VATICAN MUSEUMS INCLUDING SISTINE CHAPEL FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN
- COLOSSEUM & VATICAN TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN & HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- FIRENZE WALKING TOUR AND CHIANTI TASTING WITH ACCADEMIA OR UFFIZI OPTION
- Duomo Express Guided Tour with No-Wait Access
- Private tour - Palatina Gallery and Raphael Masterpieces
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch