Tianjin Private Day Tour Of The Five Great Avenues, Ancient Culture Street, Porcelain House, And Tianjin Eye Including Lunch
OverviewEnjoy afull day of private tour in Tianjin with your own private guide. Travel by air-conditioned vehicle to visit the Five Great Avenues region for its variety of European architecture, see the French styled Porcelain House, and enjoy a delicious lunch before walking along the Ancient Culture Street. End your day with a ride on the Tianjin Eye high above the city for a bird's eye view of the surrounding area.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Your private guide will meet you in the lobby of your downtown Tianjin Hotel at 9am and take you by air-conditioned private car, with a separate driver, to explore the city of Tianjin, which has the fourth largest urban population in China after Beijing,Shanghai, and Guangzhou with a long history dating back many centuries ago. Because of the strategic importance of the city, being on the Hai River and connecting to the Yellow and the Yangtze Rivers through the Grand Canal, a walled city was built in the early 15thcentury. Today, Tianjin is still of strategic importance to China, being Beijings gateway to the sea.
Your first stop today is in the area known as the Five Great Avenues, or Wu Da Dao in Chinese. Located in Heping District south of downtown Tianjin, the Five Great Avenues are five parallel roads running east to west across the city and named after five Chinese cities: Chongqing, Changde, Dali, Machang and Munan. In this area, you will see well over 200 buildings with architectural style from all over Europe including: British, French, Italian, German, and Spanish. Among them, Machang Avenue is the widest and longest as well as being the oldest. Here, you will see the Spanish Villa styled building that was once the residence of the British Overseas Scholar, Da Wenshi. Also, along Machang Avenue you can see Beijing Museum, one of the earliest museums in China and built in Roman style. There are also many notable early 20thcentury buildings to be seen along Munan Avenue and Dali Avenue.
From the Five Great Avenue, you will go to the French Concession area where you can see the highly ornate Porcelain House, a French Style Villa that was originally built as a residence over 100 years ago, now it is a very unique private museum which is covered by around 400 million colorful pieces of ancient Chinese ceramic and thousands of porcelain vases and crockery on its exterior.
After lunch, you will have a chance to relax a little as you walk along Tianjins Ancient Cultural Street. Here, you will find many antique and jade shops, and in the center of the 0.4 mile (700 meters) long street, there is the Temple of the Queen of Heaven dedicated to the Goddess of the Sea. You will have time to enjoy the Temple as well as exploring many fascinating shops.
Yourlast stopis at the 394 feet (120 meters) high Tianjin Eye, a giant Ferris Wheel spanning the Hai River. In fact, it is claimed to be the only Ferris Wheel constructed over a bridge. Each passenger cabin seats eight people and the whole rotation takes approximately 30 minutes. You will get a spectacular view over the city of Tianjin. After your Tianjin Eye experience, you will be takento your downtown hotel or Tianjin Railway Station where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Tianjin Private Day Tour Of The Five Great Avenues, Ancient Culture Street, Porcelain House, And Tianjin Eye Including Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Chinese lunch is served at a local restaurant
- An English-speaking guide
- Pick up and drop off at centrally located Tianjin hotels
- All transport and transfers by private vehicle
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Tianjin Private Day Tour Of The Five Great Avenues, Ancient Culture Street, Porcelain House, And Tianjin Eye Including Lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full Day Private Tianjin City Tour from Beijing by Bullet Train: City Highlights Including Tianjin Eye With Lunch
- Full Day Tianjin City Private Tour From Beijing By Private Car
- Tianjin Private Day Tour without meals and International Cruise Port Transfers
- Tianjin Local Food Tour including Lunch and International Cruise Port Transfers
- Arrival Private Transfer Tianjin Airport TSN to Tianjin City in a Sedan Car
- Arrival Private Transfer Tianjin Airport TSN to Tianjin in a Minivan
- Departure Private Transfer Tianjin to Tianjin Airport TSN in a Sedan Car