OverviewDiscover Tierra del Fuego National Park on an outdoor adventure that includes a 3-hour hike, picnic lunch and 1.5-hour canoe paddle. With a specialized guide youll explore Patagonia's national park, where mountains, freshwater rivers and lakes are all accessible near the coastal sea. During this day trip from Ushuaia, hike through the woods and row your boat over Lapataia Baya must-do activity while in Tierra del Fuego! Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourDepart from your Ushuaia hotel by minibus and head to Tierra del Fuego National Park with your guide and small group. Upon arrival, stop at Bahia Ensenada (Ensenada Bay) to enjoy beautiful views of the Beagle Channel before undertaking your hike up the easy coastal path.
Your guide will choose the route—either the Pampa Alta or Senda Costera—depending on conditions and interests of the group. Pampa Alta, a 3-mile (5-km) trail that lasts approximately two hours, offers gorgeous vistas as well as bird watching. Senda Costera (Coastal Path) is a popular 4-mile (8-km) trail that takes you along the coast for about three hours. As you follow your guide, you’ll learn about the geography of the area as well as the nature and wildlife found in Tierra del Fuego National Park. Note the diverse flora and fauna, such as Antarctic beech, and perhaps find traces of ancient Yámanas settlements.
When you reach your destination at Lago Roca (Roca Lake), enjoy a complimentary lunch in the forest setting. Dine on chicken breast en papillote (baked in foil) with tomato and cheese, accompanied by mineral water, wine and soft drinks.
After lunch, your guide will prepare your small group for the 1.5-hour canoe ride down the Lapataia River, which brings you to Lapataia Bay and the Beagle Channel. The remote bay, nestled amid snow-capped mountains, is a great place for spotting waterfowl such as ducks, geese and plovers that inhabit this region at the ‘end of the world’!
Your tour culminates here at the Panamerican Highway, where you’ll hop aboard your minibus for the return trip to Ushuaia with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Tierra Del Fuego National Park Hike And Canoe Tour
- Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Tierra Del Fuego National Park Hike And Canoe Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- National park entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.