Tikal Day Tour From Flores - Santa Elena
OverviewThis full-day tour of Tikal offers the opportunity to see one of Guatemala's most amazing archeological sites. Visit UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tikal National Park (Parque Nacional Tikal) with an expert guide, and learn about the ancient culture that constructed its steep-sided temples and plazas. Explore the beauty of these pre-Columbian Mayan ruins on a day trip from Flores, Santa Elena Peten or Mundo Maya International Airport. Round-trip hotel or airport transport and lunch are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Located in the heart of the Guatemalan jungle, the ruins of Tikal stand amid Tikal National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This ancient city is considered one of the largest and most monumental of all sites discovered in the Mayan world.
After airport or hotel pickup, youll be transferred to Tikal to begin your full-day tour of the archeological ruins. Follow your guide as you explore the 341-square-mile (550-square-km) park, which contains thousands of separate Mayan structures.
Visit the Central Acropolisa maze of courtyards and small templesand walk to the twin pyramids of Complex Q and R, where you'll find fascinating altars in front of the temples. Learn about the impressive Temple I, the Temple of the Grand Jaguar, built to honor and bury a Mayan king. View the 144-foot (44-meter) temple, which encompasses three rooms and contains a steep stairway leading to its peak. Marvel at the neighboring Temple II, the Temple of the Masks, which proves equally stunning.
Your guide will share knowledge about the Mayan civilization and the significance of each structure as you enjoy the natural surroundings. Keep an eye out for birds and other wildlife that inhabit the magnificent rainforest.
Next, eat a delicious lunch at Tikal National Park before having some free time to explore the ruins on your own. In the late afternoon youll be transferred to the airport or your hotel.
Inclusions for Tikal Day Tour From Flores
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Tikal entrance fees
Exclusions for Tikal Day Tour From Flores
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.