Tirana And Kruja In A Day Trip
OverviewVisit Kruja, the medieval chief-town of Albania. Find the best souvenirs in the Bazaar of Kruja Visit Tirana, the capital city of Albania, as the beating heart of Albania.
Know More about this tour
We will pick you up at Scanderbeg Square in Tirana, 8:30 am, and drive you up to Kruja town, where youll experience a step back in medieval history by visiting the castle and Scanderbeg Museum. Kruja was the most important town for the Albanians during the 15th century which withstood successfully to at least 3 major sieges by the Ottoman Empire. The medieval hero Gjergj Kastrioti called Scanderbeg is considered not only by Albanians as a symbol of resistance and savior but also by ottomans who believed that a supernatural force dwelled in him. Therefore after his death they destroyed his tomb and took parts of his bones to keep them as a charm for good luck. Walk in the Old Bazaar full of old shops that sell traditional handmade items.
Next we will drive you to Tirana, the capital of Albania. As you walk around the Scanderbeg square, youll see an interesting complex of building which reflect the periods that have influenced Tiranas architecture. Only the Clock Tower and Ethem Bey Mosque remain as reminders of the citys Ottoman past. The communist government left its own footprint by destroying the Ottoman Bazaar and building the new Opera and Ballet House on the site. The next stop on the itinerary is Ethem Bey Mosque, where youll learn about the difficulties faced by the clergy especially after 1967 when freedom of religious expression was prohibited. The mosque was built in 1821 by Ethem Bey in a typical Turkish style. Continue to Kings Palace and National Martyrs Boulevard. Here youll get to know a piece of daily life of former dictator Enver Hoxha, by visiting the pyramid, meant to be a museum for his life and the Bllok zone where he and other communist leaders lived in. The area that was once prohibited for people is now the most favorite neighborhood for young people, businesses and coffee shops.
In the end, around 3:30 pm, we will take you back to Scanderbeg square, in the center of Tirana city, where we started our day and here your wonderful tour is over.
Inclusions for Tirana And Kruja In A Day Trip
- Pick-up and drop off at Scanderbeg Square, Tirana
- Entrance fee in Scanderbeg Museum, Kruje
- Private Guide
Exclusions for Tirana And Kruja In A Day Trip
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Comfortable shoes - there will be a lot of walking on uneven surfaces
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.