Titanic Walking Tour In Belfast
OverviewFollow the tale of the Titanic in Belfast on a 1.5-hour walking tour, led by an expert local guide! On a route around the impressive Titanic Quarter, the tour visits the Harland and Wolff drawing offices where the ship was designed, the Titanic Dock and Pump House where she rested on dry ground and the slipways where she first touched the water. Learn all about the tragic story of her maiden voyage and visit Belfasts famous World War I battleship, too the HMS Caroline.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide outside the Titanic Visitor Experience in Belfast, and then head out on your walking tour, tracing the legacy of the Titanic ship around the city. Hear the tale of the boats maiden voyage in 1912 when she collided with an iceberg and sank a tragic story that captured the hearts of people around the world.
First stop is the exciting Titanic Quarter, a multimillion-pound waterfront development on the site where the Titanic was built. Learn of Harland and Wolff the shipbuilding supremos who built the fated ship -- and walk past the drawing offices where plans for the Titanic were drawn up by their chief designer, Thomas Andrews.
Stroll to the waterside and walk along the slipways where the Titanic first touched the water, over 100 years ago. After undergoing a substantial regeneration project, the slipways have been restored to their former glory and now host many of Belfasts open-air concert and events.
Continue to Alexandra Docks to see the HMS Caroline, another of Belfasts famous ships! The sole surviving WWI battleship, the boat is beautifully preserved and serves as a poignant reminder of Belfasts integral navy role during the two world wars.
Head back to the Titanic Quarter and walk down a set of stairs, descending some 44 feet (13 meters) below ground to visit Titanic Dock and Pump House. Walk around the spot where the Titanic last rested on dry ground to get a sense of the ships physical size, and then visit the old pump house to see original pumping machines and engineers workshops.
Your tour finishes at the pump house, and you can stay longer to look at the interactive displays and movie clips independently, if you wish. Alternatively, the Pump House Caf and gift shop are located on ground level and are both well worth a visit!
Inclusions for Titanic Walking Tour In Belfast
- Local guide
- Entrance fee to the Titanic Dock and Pump House
- Visit to the HMS Caroline
Exclusions for Titanic Walking Tour In Belfast
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to the Titanic Visitor Experience
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Belfast Sightseeing Cruise: Titanic Quarter and River Lagan
- Giants Causeway tour from Belfast
- 'Game of Thrones' Location Tour from Belfast including Giant's Causeway
- Giant's Causeway Tour from Belfast
- Giant's Causeway Guided Day Tour from Belfast
- Private Tour: Giant's Causeway, Norman Castles, and Game of Thrones Film Locations