Tiwanaku - La Paz
OverviewVisit the ruins of one of the oldest cultures that lived in the Andes, the Tiwanaku culture is full of amazing facts and history. Half day tour that will take you to one of the most enigmatic places in Bolivia.
Know More about this tourLocated near the southern shore of Lake Titicaca in Bolivia, the city of Tiwanaku (also spelled Tiahuanaco) was the capital of a powerful pre-Inca civilization that dominated the Andean region between 500 and 900 AD. The monumental remains of this great culture include several temples, a pyramid, symbolic gates, monoliths and mysterious carvings of alien-like faces. Arriving later, the Incas regarded Tiwanaku as the site of creation by their god Viracocha, who rose from the depths of Lake Titicaca.
This is the most important Bolivian archeological site, where the monolith Bennet can be appreciated, the famous Gate of the Sun, the Kalasasaya temple, the Akapana pyramid, the semi-subterranean Temple, the lithic and ceramic museums, Puma Punku and more.
Pick ups begin at 7:30 am for hotels in the downtown area, for hotels in Sopocachi o in the south zone a meeting point is arranged, and you return to the city to San Francisco church by 4 pm approximately. Tour includes transportation, lunch, guide and entrance fees.
Inclusions for Tiwanaku
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Tiwanaku
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.