Tlaquepaque And Tonala Day Trip From Guadalajara
OverviewVisit two lovely colonial villages, Tlaquepaque and Tonala, on a half-day sightseeing tour from nearby Guadalajara. In these charming artisan towns best known for their production of Mexico’s handcrafted goods, you’ll see artisans at work on glass blowing, pottery, jewelry, handmade soap, wood furniture and much more! Visit the markets, workshops and factories as you walk along cobblestone streets and listen to local mariachis play in the plaza. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 13 people.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter your professional guide picks you up at your hotel, youll drive by air-conditioned minivan to the colonial village of Tlaquepaque. Located just 4 miles (7 km) from downtown Guadalajara, the small town is best known for its handcrafted goods, such as ceramics, woodcarvings and leather work. Stroll down the narrow cobblestone streets to find beautiful Mexican crafts inside shops that were once magnificent colonial mansions.
Youll have the opportunity to watch local artisans at work as you visit arts and craft factories with your guide. See a local mariachi band play and enjoy some free time, including a chance to purchase a traditional lunch (own expense), before your guide takes your small group to Tonala, another town known for its hand-crafted goods.
On certain days of the week, a large market takes over the main streets of Tonala and people from all over the area come to shop for locally made arts and crafts. Your guide will give you a brief explanation of the regions history before taking your small group to visit a few of the local workshops and factories. Youll find a wide variety of ceramics, hand-blown glass, wood figurines, wrought iron, jewelry and furniture before drop-off at your hotel in Guadalajara, located about 8 miles (13 km) away.
Inclusions for Tlaquepaque And Tonala Day Trip From Guadalajara
- Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Tlaquepaque And Tonala Day Trip From Guadalajara
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Trip to Tequila with Visit to Casa Sauza Distillery
- Day Trip to Tequila with Visit to your favorite Distillery
- Lucha Libre Tacos and cantina tour
- Private Guadalajara City Tour
- Private Tour to Tequila from Guadalajara
- Skip the Line: Instituto Cultural Cabanas Entrance Ticket
- Skip the Line: Wax Museum Entrance Ticket in Guadalajara
- Guadalajara City Tour