Tongariro Crossing Return Transfer From TurangiWrite a Review
Enjoy a return transfer from Turangi to the beginning of the Tongariro Alpine Crossing at Mangatepopo Road with commentary along the way. Visitorâs care is ensured whilst enjoying the mesmerising panoramic views of the central North Island volcanic landscape on journey to the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
Your journey will include a brief 5-minute Maori cultural experience and a team photo downloadable for free. You can then use the free adjustable walking poles as you set off on your self-guided walk.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Your day begins when you are picked up from your centrally located Turangi accommodation dependent on which departure time you choose. With the local knowledge and stories, you are driven in the vans to New Zealand’s best one-day hike. The earlier you start your day, you will enjoy the sunrise with lesser crowds. Smaller personal service.
On transfer to the beginning of the track at Mangatepopo Road which will take around 45-minutes. You will arrive at the platform and have a unique ‘Maori cultural’ experience where everyone gathers together. A speech in Maori is given with acknowledgements and respect as well as singing a waiata song which is then explained in English (approximately 5-minutes in total).
After the korero in Maori, and English, there will then be a team photo, first one for safety, second one for fun! This photo is available free from the social media pages and website.
You can use the walking poles for free as you self-guide hike. Very useful when descending down from off the mountain or just to help to take that little extra pressure off your legs.
You will be picked up at the end of your hike in the afternoon from the end of the track at Ketetahi Carpark Road. You will be greeted with your choice of either a free cold drink of a bottle of water or New Zealand’s world famous L&P fizzy drink - your life saver!
Be aware of the mountains live volcanic terrain and be aware of the weather conditions. Think smart and be prepared and equipped.
Important information for your safety (5 simple rules):
1. Plan Your Trip (Seek local knowledge and plan the route you take and the amount of time you can reasonably expect to take) Staying on track is advised.
2. Tell Someone (Tell someone your plans and leave a date for when to raise the alarm if you haven't returned).
3. Be aware of the weather (New Zealand's weather can be highly unpredictable. Check the forecast and expect weather changes).
4. Know your limits (Challenge yourself within your physical limits and enjoy your experience).
5. Take sufficient supplies (Food and water, 1st aid kit, extra clothing – avoid cotton/denim jeans. Bring sunscreen, wet weather gear, sturdy footwear, headlamp, toilet paper). What you 'pack in' you 'pack out' (bring back with you).
Inclusions for Tongariro Crossing Return Transfer From Turangi
- Transport transfer return from Turangi
- Local friendly commentary
- Unique local ‘Maori Cultural’ acknowledgements
- Free photography available from the social media pages
- Free usage of walking poles
- Free cold drink at the end
Exclusions for Tongariro Crossing Return Transfer From Turangi
- Hiking guide
- Meals and drinks
- Boots or Clothing
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If you have any medical concerns please seek advice from a legal Practitioner before attempting any ‘outdoor’ activities. Participation is at your own risk and therefore no further liability will be made towards the transport operator.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.