Toniná Mayan Ruins And Ocosingo City Tour - Tuxtla Gutiérrez
OverviewVisit the fascinating Tonin ruins and tour the city of Ocosingo on this day trip from Tuxtla Gutirrez or San Cristbal de las Casas. Explore ancient Mayan ruins for a rare glimpse into the pre-Columbian era, and climb to the summit of the archaeological site for spectacular valley views. Then head to Ocosingo for a look at authentic Mexican city life transformed over time. Sights include the Church San Jacinto de Polonia and the traditional Tianguis Campesino food market. End with a visit to the El Corralito waterfalls amidst the countryside.
Know More about this tourYour day starts with morning pickup from your hotel in Tuxtla Gutirrez or San Cristbal de las Casas. Enjoy a buffet breakfast aboard the minivan to set you up for the full days exploring ahead of you.
Your first stop located 1.5 or 2.5 hours away, depending on your start point is the archaeological site of Tonin, a ruined Mayan city dating back to pre-Columbian times. Built on a hillside, Tonin is home to one of the highest Mayan temples, with 260 steep steps lining the route to the summit. Take a 2.5-hour walking tour of the ancient ruins, scattered with temple-pyramids and preserved stucco sculptures, and learn all about the legendary Maya civilization from your guide. Climb to the top to be awarded beautiful views over the rolling green landscape. Check out the museum before heading out.
Drive to the nearby city of Ocosingo for a 2.5-hour tour. Visit the 15th-century Church San Jacinto de Polonia, walk through the zcalo (Ocosingo's main square), and explore the vibrant Tianguis Campesino, a traditional food market where producers sell to their loyal clientele mostly local women. Its a colorful sight, with many of the traders donning traditional dress.
Take a 45-minute lunch break (own expense) at one of the city's restaurants for a chance to sample regional specialities such as menudo (a beef soup with chili pepper, herbs and lime). After lunch, continue to El Corralito, a group of small waterfalls and natural pools surrounded by lush vegetation. Take in the beautiful countryside scenery on your 1.5-hour visit. Then relax on the minivan drive back to your original destination.
Inclusions for Toniná Mayan Ruins And Ocosingo City Tour
- Local guide
- Buffet breakfast
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Toniná Mayan Ruins And Ocosingo City Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.