Tony Knowles Coastal Trail Scenic Bike Tour - Anchorage
OverviewA local guide will take you on a leisurely bike ride along beautiful Tony Knowles Coastal Trail, beginning at Kincaid Park. Experience the beauty of the Cook Inlet, watch for moose and learn about the history and events that shaped Anchorage!
Know More about this tourHIGHLIGHTS
- Immersive introduction of the city for those who want to get out and see the sights including: Kincaid Park, Point Woronzof, Earthquake Park and Westchester Lagoon
- All inclusive: round trip transportation, bike, helmet, rain gear, snacks and water
- Local guide
- Panoramic views and a chance to see wildlife
- Morning, afternoon and evening departures to suit your schedule
- Small-group ensures a personalized experience
Get off the beaten path and explore Anchorage with a local on this 3 hour tour. Meet your guides at the Log Cabin Visitor Center in Downtown Anchorage and drive 20 minutes to Kincaid Park. Step back in time as you begin your adventure in the wooded hills of the largest municipality park in Anchorage. Travel past WWII missile silos, keep on the look out for moose and possibly get to see Denali all before you even beginning the bike ride! Your guides will fit you for a bike and helmet, then you will hop on a high-quality bike. The group bike ride is at a leisurely pace on Tony Knowles Coastal Trail which is paved and offset from the road. Ride down and meet the Cook Inlet that you will follow for the duration of the ride. Your guide will share natural and human history and of course pause for pictures along the way.
Once out of Kincaid Park you will be at Point Woronzof where there is another chance to see Denali and you will have a 360 degree view of Cook Inlet and the surrounding mountain ranges. Here, the vehicle and driver guide meets the group, providing snacks, water and it is also a hop-on, hop-off point for anyone in the group. Continuing on the group will bike through Earthquake Park where your guide will talk about the 1964 Earthquake and the group will have time to learn about the events as depicted on the information plaques. Continue on down the path and bike towards Anchorage with the skyline now in full view. Pause at Westchester lagoon for a chance to see salmon swimming up stream to spawn depending on the time of year.
Hop off your bike in Downtown Anchorage. After your guide loads up the equipment ask them for recommendations for favorite local spots for lunch or dinner. They can take you straight there or drop you off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Tony Knowles Coastal Trail Scenic Bike Tour
- Bike tour including the following equipment: bike, helmet, rain gear, biking gloves
- Small-group narrated tour
- Round trip transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Van
- Local and experienced driver guide and biking guide
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from downtown
- All taxes and fees
Exclusions for Tony Knowles Coastal Trail Scenic Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Closed toe shoes required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 10 people per booking
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 11 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.