Topkapi Palace And Harem In Istanbul
OverviewDiscover Topkapi palace and its mysterious Harem in a 3 hour walking tour. Get priority admission tickets and avoid long lines.See the Holy Relics, Imperial Kitchens, Royal Court and the terraced gardens with tulips.Witness the Harem with your own eyes, the private quarters and home of the Sultans.
Know More about this tourEnjoy Topkapi Palace in Istanbul as a place of opulence, and mystery that inspires awe. Join a small group walking tour of Topkapi Palace and see its Harem,too.
Visit the top site in Istanbul with priority admission tickets and never wait in a line again! Listen to your professional guide as he explains why It is the heart of the great Ottoman Empire. Talk about the Sultans who lived in Topkapis hundreds of rooms with a huge family and servants.
Savour this romantic scene with the views of the Bosporus in Istanbul. There are many sections open for visits and we deliver an in-depth walking through all the displays.
Topkapi is not a palace in the traditional European sense but a complex of low buildings and pavilions, kiosks and courtyards. Its a self-contained city that most of the inhabitants rarely left.
We do include the outer terraced gardens, where flowerbeds blaze with tulips of many colors and we climb the high terrace to admire the view over the Golden Horn.
Harem in Topkapi Palace
Walk in the Harem and filter myth from reality as you listen to stories from your guide. Witness the very seat of the Ottoman Sultans power in Topkapi Palace lying within the deepest reaches of the Harem- the famous house of the Monarchy.
The Harem in Topkap Palace was ruled by the Queen Mother who wielded both domestic and political power: there was no Queen in the Ottoman Court.
The Harem housed hundreds of women-mostly war captives- and family members as well as hundreds of eunuchs, who performed a whole range of administrative and personal duties. We walk through the sections where the eunuchs lived and were educated; then through the hallway to the courtyard of the concubines and to the Queen Mothers Rooms.
We see cupboard doors inlaid with mother-of-pearl and tortoise shell.
Our walk through the Harem is the only way you can see the very early exceptional Iznik tiles with verses from the Kuran and beautiful floral designs.
We end the tour seeing the Holy Relics and the Imperial Kitchens.
Inclusions for Topkapi Palace And Harem In Istanbul
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Topkapi Palace And Harem In Istanbul
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small Group Istanbul Highlights Tour Max 8-10 people
- A Tasty Journey at Ottoman Streets
- Explore Turkey and Egypt Tour Package 7 Days Combined Two Magical Countries
- Private Tour Istanbul Classics with Local Expert Guide
- Private Istanbul Old City Tour with Local Expert Guide
- Half Day Afternoon Bosphorus & Black Sea Cruise
- Admission Ticket to Sakip Sabanci Museum
- Istanbul Gold Combo