Tortuga Island Cruise From San Jose
OverviewLeave the bustle of San Jose behind on this full-day tour to the tropical beaches and warm waters of Tortuga Island, located on the Gulf of Nicoya. Featuring some of Costa Ricas best snorkeling, Tortuga Island also boasts white sand beaches and turquoise waters, perfect for a swim or to simply relax. Your local guide provides breakfast on the coach ride and a freshly-prepared buffet lunch at the beach. With round-trip transport from your hotel included, you get to sit back and enjoy the day!
- Breakfast included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAfter early morning pickup at your centrally located hotel, travel 1.5 hours by comfortable coach to Puntarenas. Snack on a simple breakfast consisting of a sandwich, juice and fruit served on board the coach. In Puntarenas, board your spacious boat for a nearly 2-hour cruise to Tortuga Island, taking in the jungle-clad coast of this gorgeous archipelago as you go.
Pristine white sand beaches and calm turquoise water surround Tortuga Island, making it a perfect place to swim and snorkel. With approximately five hours to spend at your leisure on the island, its up to you whether you want to relax, be active, or both! Sunbathe on the beach or go for a dip in the sea. Explore hiking trails or play sports on the beach. You can also choose to snorkel, kayak or take a banana boat ride for a small additional charge.
While you are soaking up the tropical ambiance, your guide prepares a gourmet buffet lunch for you to snack on when you get hungry. Your lunch choices include salads, grilled fish or chicken accompanied by rice and sauted vegetables, fresh fruits, wine, and Costa Rican coffee. A few musicians play fun beach music as you enjoy your meal.
After a day in paradise, head back to San Jose, retracing your steps by boat and coach. Your tour ends when you are returned to your hotel in the evening.
Inclusions for Tortuga Island Cruise From San Jose
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Buffet lunch
- Light refreshments and wine (served during lunch)
- Professional guide
- Boat cruise
Exclusions for Tortuga Island Cruise From San Jose
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional activities - snorkeling and/or banana boat plus beach chair ($15 USD each)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a swimsuit, towel, sunblock and a hat
Minimum age to drink wine is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.