Tour De France In Paris: Gourmet Food And Wine Tour With Wine Tasting And Lunch
OverviewGourmet food, unsurpassed wines, and a tradition of culinary passion are essential to the national character of France. Strolling through the downtown district that once housed the city’s central market, our professional guide will give you a memorable “Tour de France” through the food shops. Each region of the country prides itself on particular traditions, produce and recipes, as well as expert craftsmen. The resulting delicacies are all available in the capital, where we’ll enjoy specialty breads, cheeses, charcuterie, pastries and chocolates from all over the nation. Our small group of visitors will be able to choose their favorite provisions, and the tour will culminate in a first-class wine bar. Here we’ll be served a flight of top class French wines by a sommelier, and thus enjoy an authentic French lunch.
- A gourmet guide, passionate and easy to talk to, will lead you throughout the tour, providing information, entertainment, and assistance.
- Local artisans and shop owners will provide samples of traditional delicacies
- Products will be purchased along the way, to provide a varied and copious lunch during the last part of the tour.
- An expert sommelier will serve you a flight of wine at a noted wine bar.
- Group size is limited to 12, for an intimate and authentic experience
Know More about this tour
We meet at a central point in Paris, and we guarantee a maximum group size of 12. Our local guide, knowledgeable and friendly, will begin your “Foodie Tour de France” in a typical local bakery. You’ll start the day as many French do, with a coffee and a croissant; you’ll learn how these flakey buns are made and your guide will stock up on baguettes for your lunch later on.
The neighborhood of Les Halles was formerly known as the “the stomach of Paris”, as it featured the massive wholesale food market that daily provisioned the city. Nowadays this district is still a must-see for our gourmet visitors, since it features a wide variety of gastronomical specialties and restaurants as well as kitchen supply stores. Parisians enjoy shopping for food on a daily basis, so that their meals are fresh and match the weather and the mood. The busy rue Montorgueil will conduct us to the most delicious boutiques, offering us samples of artisanal cheeses from all around the country in a traditional fromagerie, and tasty and complex chocolates at a noted chocolatier’s. We’ll continue to the city’s oldest patisserie, founded in 1730 by the Queen’s baker (who also invented the baba au rhum). This shop is still famous today, recently winning the Best Chocolate Éclair; we’ll obtain our favorite desserts here for our lunch a bit later. The final food shop included is an épicerie full of atmosphere, which offers delicious typical products from Southwestern France.
Other sights and opportunities will be available in addition to our partner food shops. Your experienced and passionate guide will point out an ancient oyster shop that was original supplied by horses speeding from the coast. You’ll admire the full range of specialist food purveyors including butchers, fishmongers, and vegetable markets as we amble down this pedestrian street that epitomizes the French respect for all foods. If you are a cook yourself, you may be drawn to the professional quality tools and supplies available in the kitchen boutiques along the way; one such shop is the oldest of its kind in Paris.
Our visit culminates in highly rated wine bar, where we will be served a flight of wine by an expert sommelier. Your experience will end with an authentic picnic lunch of a variety of foods and wines, the ideal conclusion to your journey into French gastronomy
Inclusions for Tour De France In Paris: Gourmet Food And Wine Tour With Wine Tasting And Lunch
- Guided walking tour of rue Montorgueil and Les Halles Stops at local producers including tasting
- Flight of wine at an award winning wine bar
- Picnic style lunch
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
Exclusions for Tour De France In Paris: Gourmet Food And Wine Tour With Wine Tasting And Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lido de Paris "Paris Merveilles" Late Night Show with Champagne
- Professional Photo Shoot Walking Tour in the Center of Paris
- Paris Museum Pass and Seine River Cruise Including Delivery to Your Hotel
- Invalides Army Museum and Cathedral Private Tour
- Paris Day Trip to Fontainebleau and Barbizon with Private Driver and Guide
- Paris Walking Tour: Christmas Food and Decorations