Tour Of Pachacamac Temple From Lima
OverviewVisit one of the most important religious centers of ancient Peru, an oracle dedicated to the great god Pachacamac, the most important deity of the coast in the fifteenth century. Explore their towering pyramids and temples, which have survived the passage of centuries and still retain their majesty. Visit the great temple known as Acllahuasi where Vivian "the chosen of the Sun", specialized women's groups in productive activities, particularly in the textiles, preparation of chicha, and worshiping the sun god. From the top of the pyramids you can enjoy beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean, as well as the beautiful valley of Lurin. During the tour you will also visit the neighborhoods in Lima; Barranco and Chorrillos.
Know More about this tourChoose between a morning or an afternoon tour. From your hotel in Miraflores we will drive to the great oracle of Pachacamac, an imposing sanctuary built about 1800 years ago and adored by cultures until the last days of the Inca heyday. The drive takes around 40 minutes and the site is located south of Lima. On the way our local guide will provide an introduction about the history of the city of Lima and also explain important aspects of contemporary Lima. We will visit the archaeological complex of Pachacamac and start our walking tour of the most important sectors of this great site. We will visit The Sun Temple, built in four trapezoidal platforms, which form a truncated pyramid. Finally we will visit the Pachacamac site museum, which displays in its main hall remains of the artistic expressions of the various occupants of Pachacamac, such as ceramics, textiles and a beautiful carved figure, which is believed to represent the divine image of the god Pachacamac. Finally we return to your hotel in Miraflores, along the shores of the Pacific ocean, enjoying beautiful scenery.During the tour you will also visit the neighborhoods in Lima; Barranco and Chorrillos.
Inclusions for Tour Of Pachacamac Temple From Lima
- Pick up from your hotel in Miraflores
- Transportation from Lima to Pachacamac (round trip)
- Guided tour at the site of Pachacamac
- Local tour guide
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site of Pachacamac
Exclusions for Tour Of Pachacamac Temple From Lima
- Box lunch
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Remember to bring:
Sun hat and sunblock
Clothes for warm, cold, and rainy weather
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 7-Day Inca Treasures from Lima
- 8-Day Nasca Lines and Machu Picchu from Lima
- 8-Day Machu Picchu and Titicaca Lake from Lima
- 8-Day Archeological Peru from Lima
- 8-Day Discover Choquequirao from Lima
- 10-Day Tasting Experiences from Lima
- 12-Day Adventure in the Southern Circuit from Lima
- 16-Day Great Inca Expedition from Lima