Tour To Byzantium - Istanbul
OverviewExperience and understand the history of Byzantine influence on Istanbul through a visit to naval harbor named as Golden Horn. On this tour, you will be able to witness the stunning and splendorous architectures of the past such as Church of Panagia of Blachernae, Patriarchate at Fener, Anemas Dungeons and Tekfur Palace. Appreciate the art of intricate mosaics and frescoes that adorn these structures!
- Visit the Patriarchate at Fener which is the seat of Orthodox Christianity.
- Church of Panagia of Blachernae, the best known and most celebrated shrine of the Holy Virgin.
- Visit to Anemas Dungeons (from outside)
- Visit Tekfur Palace (from outside)
- St. Savior in Chora (Kariye Museum), originally a Byzantine monastery.
Know More about this tour
Natural naval harbour of the Byzantines named as Golden Horn because of its hornlike shape and golden reflection of the glittering waves under sunshine when viewed from the hill tops.
Visit the Patriarchate at Fener which is the seat of Orthodox Christianity since Constantine The Great’ s declaration of Christianity as the religion of Roman Empire.
Church of Panagia of Blachernae, the best known and most celebrated shrine of the Holy Virgin famed with the “Hagiasma” (holy water) and the “Hagion Lousma” (sacred bath).
Anemas Dungeons (from outside) were part of the Blachernae Palace, unique in the world with its historical and architectural structure. It consists of 14 separate dungeons, each having 2 basements below sea-level with cells for the prisoners and two towers. It was used as a prison for high ranked statesmen.
Tekfur Palace (from outside) built in the 12th century adjacent to the city walls. The only surviving pavillion of the Blachernae Palace.
St. Savior in Chora (Kariye Museum), originally a Byzantine monastery with fantastic mosaics and frescoes portraying scenes from the bible, the life and miracles of Jesus.
Byzantine City Walls surrounded the Acropolis of Byzantium with 22 kms. long fortification with 96 towers and 9 main gates dating back to the 5th century.
- Can be a full day tour including free lunch if combined with Golden Horn tour.
Inclusions for Tour To Byzantium
- A/C transportation
- Guidance in multiple languages
- Entrance fees
- Mentioned meals/drinks
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Traditional Boat Trip and Fener-Balat Areas Walking Tour
- Istanbul LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Admission Ticket
- 3 Day Cappadocia Pamukkale Tour From Istanbul
- Private Arrival Transfer from Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Private Tour: Masukiye, Sapanca, Kartepe Tour from Istanbul
- Hagia Sophia Museum Admission Ticket
- Private Tour: Secret Beauties of Istanbul Tour
- Best Sabiha Airport to Hotel Transfer