Tour To Lalibela Churches - Addis Ababa
OverviewOne can say that every tourist who decides to visit our country comes here and sees these quite remarkable and also strange monolithic, semi-monolithic and cave 'buildings, churches of Lalibela' which still leave the scientists puzzled about their possible creation process and are therefore often called the 8th wonder of the world. The style of the excavation is unique: most of the churches are below ground level. Roha - Lalibelas old name - is around 800 years old and after Axum the second holiest city in Ethiopia.It is a medieval town and one of the greatest historical sites in the Christian world. For the Ethiopian Christmas in January there are tens of thousands of pilgrims in town, sometimes walking for a month to reach the churches. In 1978 Lalibela, which lays at an altitude of 2520m, was listed as a world heritage site...
Know More about this tour
Your tour to Lalibela churches can start straight away after your arrival and check in to your hotel.
The 11 rock cut churches in Lalibela own needs an at least one full day to visit them all.
Your guide will wait you at the airport arrival with a car. Drive 22 k/m to the town of Lalibela. After check-in drive to the first group of churches, which are 6. After your visit, we bring you for lunch to one of the best restaurant we have in town. You will have 2hrs to rest till the churches are reopened at 2pm.
2pm, drive to the 1nd group of churches, which are 4, and at the end the famous church of St' George (Bete Georgies).
After you are done with visit the churches, we take you to the town where you get invited for the famous Traditional coffee and see the way life of the locals, maybe take part in their daily activities, like baking Injera, making coffee or even cooking.
In the evening, if still not tiered we go to the best traditional bar, where you test our traditional Honey Wine, Music and dance.
On the next day, we bring you to the airport, or if you still have in Lalibela, we can organize a best trekking tour to the surrounding mountains, like: to Bilbala St. George rock hewn church, Monastery of Naakuto Laab and Asheton Maryam Monastery
Inclusions for Tour To Lalibela Churches
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- All activities
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Tour To Lalibela Churches
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2 Days Journey to Axum
- 4 Days Trek in Bale Mountains National Park
- Private Food Tour of Addis Ababa
- 7 DAYS 6 NIGHTS ETHIOPIA
- Explore the town of Debreberhan and Ankober on a Guided Day Tour
- Guided Day Trip to the Lush Forest of Menagesha and Historic Town of Addis Alem
- Best Of Lalibela - Rock-Hewn Churches, Local Villages and Coffee Ceremony
- Ethiopian Culinary Day Tour in Addis Ababa